The Royal Malaysian Air Force has received the first of five new H120 helicopters from Airbus, ready to be flown for train at the College of the Air Force in Alor Setar. The training syllabus of the first use of these aircraft will begin next year, and will lead the the gradual phase-out of their existing Alouette helicopters. The RMAF are also acquiring an H120 simulator.
The first example, in a jaunty red and white scheme, current awaits clearance from the Directorate General Technical Airworthiness before starting operations. It is marked “01” on the nose, and is thought to be ready to take up the full serial M103-01. Other sources are quoting M102-01, but the “M102” seies is already being used for Learjet aircraft, with just one in use via Aerotree. This contractor also flies four Extra 300L aerobatic single-seaters in the “M100” series as the Kris Sakti aerobatic team, along with two Super King Air 300s in the “M101” series.
The five helicopters will be managed and maintained by Gading Kasturi under a “Company Own Military Operates” contract reportedly worth 120 million Malaysian Ringgit ($28.1 approx). This is very similar to the way Helidax flies the same type for the French military and Cobham flies AS350s for the British. Gading Kasturi (a JV between between Gading Sari Holdings and Mycopter Aviation Services) will also be involved in upgrading the helicopters to a fully glass cockpit and night vision capability.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Swedish Government resumes state-funded pilot training
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B
- New Thermal Imaging Camera funded by Winnipeg Police
- Helisota adds Airbus Helicopters to its EASA Part 145 capabilities
- Genesys Aerosystems aims for FAA STC for EC120 HeliSAS and Two-Axis Autopilot
- Edmonton may put hold on Police EC120 replacement
- 06-Feb-16 C-???? Eurocopter EC120 Toronto, Canada
- Airbus release their numbers for 2015
- 16-Nov-15 N88HA Airbus H120 Elkhart, US-Indiana
- Airbus starts flight tests with cleaner, more efficient engine
- Helidax marks 100,000 hours in H120 fleet in five years
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 15-Aug-15 SE-JJM Airbus H120 Reisadalen, Norway
- Calgary Police celebrate 20 years in the air
- Winnipeg Police broadcast lewd conversation on helicopter PA system
- Maxcraft Avionics Announces new FAA STC for the Mid-Continent MD302 SAM in Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter)
- Kitchener Aero Avionics Adds EASA STC for Garmin G-500H mod in Eurocopter EC-120
- Aerometals completes purchase of FDC/aerofilters, Announces Name Change