Following the recent introduction of a robust regulatory framework concerning helideck and helipads by the GCAA (General Civil Aviation Authority) in the United Arab Emirates, a new locally based company Oryx Aviation Consulting (OAC) has been founded in order to assist major Oil and Gas, Government and Private clients achieve the approval or certification of their helicopter landing facilities, as now required.
Matt Hayes leads the OAC Operations Team. Matt is an experienced commercial helicopter pilot, aviation auditor, helideck inspector and the former Operations Manager of the successful South Africa based helideck inspection company, Helideck Certification–Africa.
Oryx Aviation Consulting is also receiving the full technical and material support of the renowned and highly respected Flight Safety Group, based in Australia – who have a wealth of Helideck and Helipad inspection and certification experience gained over many years in more than 30 countries across the globe.
With over 600 offshore helidecks and 500 + onshore landing facilities in the UAE there is much work to be done in achieving full compliance with the GCAA Regulations. It is expected that over the next few years the UAE will become the leaders in Helideck/Helipad safety within the Middle East and Oryx Aviation Consulting, with its Head Office in Abu Dhabi, is ideally placed to assist other countries in the Region.
Core OAC services offered include:
- • The full inspection of helidecks and helipads according to CAP437, ICAO Annex 14, Volume II and of course the UAE GCAA Regulations and Advisory Publications (such as CAAP 70/CAAP 71) as applicable
- • Advice and assistance with not just the physical characteristics of the helipad/helideck but also the operations themselves, safety and procedures
- • Assistance with initial design and construction of the facility in order to guarantee it meets with the required regulations and is as safe and efficient to use as possible
- • Auditing of helicopter operators, where applicable
In addition, OAC is able to offer further services, not normally associated with standard consulting, auditing or inspection companies, such as:
- • Re-fuelling Manuals & Procedures
• Safety Management & Security Manuals
• Emergency Response Procedures
• Standard Operating Procedures
• Company Standards & Manuals
• Audit Checklists & Procedures
• Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) manual
• Helipad/Helideck crew refresher training
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%