Kamatics has received EASA Certification for its 206A/B/L Series KAflex Main Rotor Driveshaft, applicable to both Rotor Brake and Non-Brake installations.
All Models 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft installations are available directly through Power Aviation – Official European Distributor.
The 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft incorporates the same design and construction utilized in over 40,000 driveshafts presently in helicopter operation worldwide.
Other helicopters with KAflex driveshafts include the 205, UH-1, OH-58, SH2G, AH-1S, K-MAX, 206L4, 407, 427, 429, MD500/600 Series, BO-105, AW-101, AW139, AW169 and NH90.
The KAflex driveshaft, introduced into the U.S. Army inventory in 1978 with the conversion of its entire UH-1 fleet, eliminated the need for lubrication and maintenance.
Due to its excellent performance, it was designated an ”on condition” item with no service life limitation. The 6,500 UH-1 KAflex driveshafts in service throughout the world have accumulated more than 20 million flight hours since the fleet upgrade; many have over 10,000 hours. The ”lead the fleet” unit, installed in 1976, is still flying with more than 15,000 hours.
The KAflex driveshaft features:
- No lubrication required
- Superior misalignment capability
- Integral fail-safe
- High torque capacity
- Rugged construction
- Damage tolerant – Repairable
- Extended service life
- Increased reliability
- Ease of inspection
- Cost effective
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test