Kamatics has received EASA Certification for its 206A/B/L Series KAflex Main Rotor Driveshaft, applicable to both Rotor Brake and Non-Brake installations.
All Models 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft installations are available directly through Power Aviation – Official European Distributor.
The 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft incorporates the same design and construction utilized in over 40,000 driveshafts presently in helicopter operation worldwide.
Other helicopters with KAflex driveshafts include the 205, UH-1, OH-58, SH2G, AH-1S, K-MAX, 206L4, 407, 427, 429, MD500/600 Series, BO-105, AW-101, AW139, AW169 and NH90.
The KAflex driveshaft, introduced into the U.S. Army inventory in 1978 with the conversion of its entire UH-1 fleet, eliminated the need for lubrication and maintenance.
Due to its excellent performance, it was designated an ”on condition” item with no service life limitation. The 6,500 UH-1 KAflex driveshafts in service throughout the world have accumulated more than 20 million flight hours since the fleet upgrade; many have over 10,000 hours. The ”lead the fleet” unit, installed in 1976, is still flying with more than 15,000 hours.
The KAflex driveshaft features:
- No lubrication required
- Superior misalignment capability
- Integral fail-safe
- High torque capacity
- Rugged construction
- Damage tolerant – Repairable
- Extended service life
- Increased reliability
- Ease of inspection
- Cost effective
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts