Kamatics has received EASA Certification for its 206A/B/L Series KAflex Main Rotor Driveshaft, applicable to both Rotor Brake and Non-Brake installations.
All Models 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft installations are available directly through Power Aviation – Official European Distributor.
The 206A/B/L Series KAflex driveshaft incorporates the same design and construction utilized in over 40,000 driveshafts presently in helicopter operation worldwide.
Other helicopters with KAflex driveshafts include the 205, UH-1, OH-58, SH2G, AH-1S, K-MAX, 206L4, 407, 427, 429, MD500/600 Series, BO-105, AW-101, AW139, AW169 and NH90.
The KAflex driveshaft, introduced into the U.S. Army inventory in 1978 with the conversion of its entire UH-1 fleet, eliminated the need for lubrication and maintenance.
Due to its excellent performance, it was designated an ”on condition” item with no service life limitation. The 6,500 UH-1 KAflex driveshafts in service throughout the world have accumulated more than 20 million flight hours since the fleet upgrade; many have over 10,000 hours. The ”lead the fleet” unit, installed in 1976, is still flying with more than 15,000 hours.
The KAflex driveshaft features:
- No lubrication required
- Superior misalignment capability
- Integral fail-safe
- High torque capacity
- Rugged construction
- Damage tolerant – Repairable
- Extended service life
- Increased reliability
- Ease of inspection
- Cost effective
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries