Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, has renewed a contract with Canadian aerial heavy lift company Helifor Canada (“Helifor”), a subsidiary of Columbia Helicopters, to continue providing aerial timber harvesting services in British Columbia and western Canada.
The contract is the fifth renewal with Helifor and provides for year-round services with one Erickson S64 Aircrane until December 31, 2016. This renewal has an increased scope of work with the customer option to add an additional Aircrane. Erickson will also provide pilots, full field maintenance support crews, parts, and components.
“Erickson has operated in Canada for more than 30 years,” said Andy Mills, Erickson’s Vice President of Commercial Aviation Services. “Aerial timber harvesting is where we began as a company, and we are pleased to continue that tradition with Helifor.”
Canada is Erickson’s longest-standing international market. The company also has a proven track record of providing aerial timber harvesting services in environmentally sensitive areas throughout the world.
About Helifor Canada
Helifor Canada is an industry leader in providing on time, reliable, and safe heavy lift solutions. A subsidiary of Columbia Helicopters that’s been in business for over 35 years, Helifor is the only Canadian operator licensed to use the highly specialized Vertol 107 and Chinook 234. Helifor has built a reputation for innovation and dependability in the industry as a result of stable management, deeply experienced flight and maintenance crews, long term relationships, and repeat customers. For more information, please visit www.helifor.com.
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Global Defense and Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksoninc.com.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet