NPAS – the UK’s National Police Air Service – have closed two more bases as planned. NPAS Ripley closed, and their EC135 will be the third in the upgrade line at Bond Air Services. The first from that process was displayed at Helitech in October 2015, and the second is currently in progress.
NPAS Sheffield has also closed on schedule, with their MD Explorer moving to NPAS Barton, and the sister ship from that base now parked up pending disposal. NPAS expect to announce in the near future which organisation has won their tender to be responsible for the disposal of one AgustaWestland AW109S and three MD902 Explorers, all of which are now surplus to requirements.
Future base closures are planned at Warton, Wattisham and Durham Tees Valley Airport by the end of March 2017, but these are all dependent on the introduction of the new NPAS fixed-wing Vulcanair P68 aircraft and thus the dates are not yet set in stone.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell awarded patent for tiltrotor aircraft having pillow block mounted pylon assemblies
- Boeing awarded patent for noise reducing profile for rotor blade tracking wedges
- RJ Helicopter awarded patent for deflection cone in a reaction drive helicopter
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- CAMTS clarifies Lift-Off time definition
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system