Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2015 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor, which the company has now received five years in a row, is a result of Maverick Helicopters’ ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety.
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to honor aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to take advantage of initial and recurrent training. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
“We are honored to receive the FAA’s Award of Excellence ‘Diamond Award’ for the fifth year in a row,” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “We take maintenance training very seriously at all of Maverick Helicopters’ locations and we are proud of the exceptional work our maintenance department continuously does in order to ensure the safety of our guests.”
In 2015, Maverick Helicopters’ maintenance technicians recorded more than 2,755 hours of training. More than 1,900 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. All of Maverick Helicopters’ eligible maintenance technicians also obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.For more information on Maverick Helicopters, please visit www.flymaverick.com or call 702.405.4300.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, flies more than 200,000 guests annually out of four locations – one in Las Vegas, two in the Grand Canyon and one in Maui, Hawaii. The company operates the largest and youngest fleet of Airbus EC130 ECO-Star helicopters with nearly 50 aircraft and holds the top safety record of any tourism-based aviation company in the world. Maverick Helicopters continuously employs the industry’s top pilots and has received numerous accolades including the Federal Aviation Administration’s Award of Excellence “Diamond Award” 2011-2015; TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” 2011-2015, Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association’s “Best Tour Company” 2010-2015 and many more.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin