Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, has renewed a longstanding contract for aerial timber harvesting with Vancouver-based Western Forest Products (WFP), one of the largest lumber producers in Canada. This is Erickson’s second timber harvesting contract renewal this year. Last month, the company renewed a separate timber harvesting contract with Helifor in Western Canada.
Under the WFP contract, one S-64 Aircrane will fly in western British Columbia on multiple timber sites. In addition to the helicopter, Erickson will supply pilots, maintenance support crews, parts, and components. The renewed, 12 month contract began on February 1 and is further renewable.
“We are pleased to continue our long standing relationship with Western Forest Products,” said Andy Mills, Erickson’s Vice President of Commercial Aviation Services. “With our capable pilots and reliable crew, the Aircrane is one of the most effective tools for harvesting timber in remote and environmentally sensitive areas.”
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Global Defense and Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksoninc.com.
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years