Erickson Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC), a leading global provider of aviation services, has renewed a longstanding contract for aerial timber harvesting with Vancouver-based Western Forest Products (WFP), one of the largest lumber producers in Canada. This is Erickson’s second timber harvesting contract renewal this year. Last month, the company renewed a separate timber harvesting contract with Helifor in Western Canada.
Under the WFP contract, one S-64 Aircrane will fly in western British Columbia on multiple timber sites. In addition to the helicopter, Erickson will supply pilots, maintenance support crews, parts, and components. The renewed, 12 month contract began on February 1 and is further renewable.
“We are pleased to continue our long standing relationship with Western Forest Products,” said Andy Mills, Erickson’s Vice President of Commercial Aviation Services. “With our capable pilots and reliable crew, the Aircrane is one of the most effective tools for harvesting timber in remote and environmentally sensitive areas.”
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services and operates, maintains and manufactures utility aircraft to safely transport and place people and cargo around the world. The Company is self-reliant, multifaceted and operates in remote locations under challenging conditions specializing in Global Defense and Security, Manufacturing and MRO, and Commercial Services (comprised of firefighting, HVAC, power line, construction, timber harvesting, oil and gas and specialty lift). With roots dating back to 1960, Erickson operates a fleet of approximately 80 aircraft, is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USA, and operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Australia. For more information, please visit our new website at www.ericksoninc.com.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet