Global members of the International Helicopter Safety Team (www.IHST.org) will gather at Heli-Expo next month for a worldwide summit focused on civil helicopter safety and to share knowledge and advice about reducing accidents.
Safety experts will participate in the summit from countries with substantial civil helicopter operations, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, New Zealand, and the Commonwealth of Independent States/Russia.
Each IHST global partner will provide an update on safety initiatives and on recent accident data. They also will lead group discussions about safety recommendations, risk management, industry/government partnerships and communications efforts.
The IHST Worldwide Summit opens on Wednesday, March 2nd at 8:00 am at the Louisville Exposition Center.
In addition, the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (http://www.ushst.org/) will help the Helicopter Association International kick off Heli-Expo 2016 by hosting a Symposium for helicopter safety professionals on Feb. 29th. The theme of the Safety Symposium will be “Safety and the Bottom Line” and will include presentations focused on showing how safety initiatives and the fostering of a safety culture results in a more profitable operation.
The IHST promotes a wide-ranging safety outreach effort through four web sites – – worldwide (www.IHST.org), Europe, U.S.A., and Brazil – – and an active Facebook page and Twitter site.
Helicopter safety experts from across the industry gather under the IHST banner to collaborate on and develop a broad collection of safety materials that are shared across the globe.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin