Global members of the International Helicopter Safety Team (www.IHST.org) will gather at Heli-Expo next month for a worldwide summit focused on civil helicopter safety and to share knowledge and advice about reducing accidents.
Safety experts will participate in the summit from countries with substantial civil helicopter operations, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, New Zealand, and the Commonwealth of Independent States/Russia.
Each IHST global partner will provide an update on safety initiatives and on recent accident data. They also will lead group discussions about safety recommendations, risk management, industry/government partnerships and communications efforts.
The IHST Worldwide Summit opens on Wednesday, March 2nd at 8:00 am at the Louisville Exposition Center.
In addition, the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (http://www.ushst.org/) will help the Helicopter Association International kick off Heli-Expo 2016 by hosting a Symposium for helicopter safety professionals on Feb. 29th. The theme of the Safety Symposium will be “Safety and the Bottom Line” and will include presentations focused on showing how safety initiatives and the fostering of a safety culture results in a more profitable operation.
The IHST promotes a wide-ranging safety outreach effort through four web sites – – worldwide (www.IHST.org), Europe, U.S.A., and Brazil – – and an active Facebook page and Twitter site.
Helicopter safety experts from across the industry gather under the IHST banner to collaborate on and develop a broad collection of safety materials that are shared across the globe.
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018