Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce the introduction of a new dynamic component repair (DCR) capability for the Airbus Helicopters AS350 Ecureuil family at its Almondbank site in Perth, Scotland.
The new capability, which was officially opened by Deputy First Minister for Scotland John Swinney M.S.P on February 17th, allows the company to repair and overhaul gearboxes and associated components for the full range of AS350 family variants, including the H125/AS350 Ecureuil (aka Squirrel or AStar), the AS355 Ecureuil 2 (aka Twin Squirrel or TwinStar), and the H130/EC130 (aka EcoStar).
Commenting at the event, the Deputy First Minister stated: “This new capability at Almondbank will enable Vector Aerospace to develop new lines and cultivate international markets, expanding from its traditional links with the military to the civil aviation sector. It will not only enable the company to enlarge its range of products, but will also enable the employees to develop new skills, safeguarding high-value jobs here in Perthshire. The Scottish Government will continue to do all that it can to support firms such as Vector Aerospace to innovate, grow, and increase its export potential – which is good for the company and good for the Scottish economy.”
Michael Tyrrell, Managing Director of Vector Aerospace – UK, commented: “This new capability gives Vector in Almondbank the opportunity to work with a new, more global customer base, offering support to a fleet of helicopters of which more than 5,000 are flying today. This further highlights the continuing diversification into the commercial aviation market that has taken place within Vector in the UK.”
Tyrrell added, “As defence budgets have shrunk, the Almondbank site has had to change, to adjust and integrate within a fiercely competitive aviation maintenance sector. This is an ongoing process, and this new Ecureuil family DCR capability adds to the recent introduction of fuel accessory repair and composite repair. We continually strive to ensure that we set the standard of customer service to our customers, both existing and new. The introduction of new capabilities such as this ensures we can also maintain and grow highly specialised engineering skills within the region and within Scotland.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,300 motivated employees.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com.
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight