Robinson Helicopter Company announces an optional 43-gallon auxiliary fuel tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter, extending the helicopter’s range by as much as 200 nautical miles (230 statute miles). The fuel tank mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the forward section of the baggage compartment. The tank occupies two-thirds of the compartment, leaving space for up to 100 lb of cargo. Both the tray and tank can be removed when not needed.
The system weighs approximately 37 lb. A crash-resistant fuel bladder fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that pumps fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. The controls are located in the upper avionics console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a fuel QUANTITY button.
The system costs $32,000 USD and is an option on R66s ordered after January 15, 2016. An R66 Turbine with the tank installed will be on display at the upcoming HAI Heli-Expo convention in Louisville, Kentucky, March 1-3.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information, visit www.robinsonheli.com
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Prabhu Helicopter to receive brand new R66 Turbine Helicopter by September
- 21-Aug-17 RA-05750 Robinson R66 Maly Utrish, Russia (1F)
- FAA approves R66 hooks from Onboard Systems
- FAA certifies R66 Newscopter
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option