Robinson Helicopter Company announces an optional 43-gallon auxiliary fuel tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter, extending the helicopter’s range by as much as 200 nautical miles (230 statute miles). The fuel tank mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the forward section of the baggage compartment. The tank occupies two-thirds of the compartment, leaving space for up to 100 lb of cargo. Both the tray and tank can be removed when not needed.
The system weighs approximately 37 lb. A crash-resistant fuel bladder fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that pumps fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. The controls are located in the upper avionics console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a fuel QUANTITY button.
The system costs $32,000 USD and is an option on R66s ordered after January 15, 2016. An R66 Turbine with the tank installed will be on display at the upcoming HAI Heli-Expo convention in Louisville, Kentucky, March 1-3.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information, visit www.robinsonheli.com
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- Prabhu Helicopter to receive brand new R66 Turbine Helicopter by September
- 21-Aug-17 RA-05750 Robinson R66 Maly Utrish, Russia (1F)
- FAA approves R66 hooks from Onboard Systems
- FAA certifies R66 Newscopter
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- EASA Approves Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management
- Nepal – Prabhu Helicopter orders R66
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- FAA approves Dart Aerospace R66 utility baskets
- 20-May-17 N778TL Robinson R66 Canon City, US-Colorado
- DART Aerospace first to release R66 basket
- Rolls-Royce expands RR300 engine support for Robinson R66 helicopters
- FAA approves Donaldson IBF for R66
- FAA Issues Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Managements
- First Robinson R66 arrives in Thailand
- Robinson delivers 12,000th helicopter
- Robinson’s R66 Turbine Marine Receives EASA Approval