Robinson Helicopter Company announces an optional 43-gallon auxiliary fuel tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter, extending the helicopter’s range by as much as 200 nautical miles (230 statute miles). The fuel tank mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the forward section of the baggage compartment. The tank occupies two-thirds of the compartment, leaving space for up to 100 lb of cargo. Both the tray and tank can be removed when not needed.
The system weighs approximately 37 lb. A crash-resistant fuel bladder fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that pumps fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. The controls are located in the upper avionics console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a fuel QUANTITY button.
The system costs $32,000 USD and is an option on R66s ordered after January 15, 2016. An R66 Turbine with the tank installed will be on display at the upcoming HAI Heli-Expo convention in Louisville, Kentucky, March 1-3.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information, visit www.robinsonheli.com
- 20-May-17 N778TL Robinson R66 Canon City, US-Colorado
- DART Aerospace first to release R66 basket
- Rolls-Royce expands RR300 engine support for Robinson R66 helicopters
- FAA approves Donaldson IBF for R66
- FAA Issues Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Managements
- First Robinson R66 arrives in Thailand
- Robinson delivers 12,000th helicopter
- Robinson’s R66 Turbine Marine Receives EASA Approval
- New Zealand puts Robinson helicopters on safety Watchlist
- Duties Lifted For Light Helicopters in Eurasian Economic Union
- New Garmin transponders approved for Robinson range
- Valair sells tenth R66 into Swiss market
- FAA approves Garmin Mode S transponders in R22, R44 and R66
- Brazil approves Onboard Systems R66 Cargo Hook
- Magellan Aerospace launches R66 Wire Strike Protection System
- Guidance Aviation successfully using R66 for charter and lifting
- Court dismisses Quantum Leasing R66 case against Robinson
- Robinson production 5% up in 2015 over 2014
- All Metal MS launches Robinson maintenance stand
- UK – Aeromega adds R66 to fleet