Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an EASA STC data package for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 helicopter short and long nose variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the TrakkaBeam A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU) and Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via a new model DZUS mounted NVG compliant TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes an IR and Amber filter option and all the interfaces for slaving the TrakkaBeam A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Airgreen in Italy and EASA Part 21J and 21G UK based Engineering Authority Phoenix Aerospace for the trial installation and certification. The installation comes with an EASA From 1 and utilizes the existing searchlight mount hard points for the new style mount, while integrating the PCIU into the aft avionics bay allowing for easy installation for a new or retrofit equipment. For more information please contact Trakka directly or see us at the HAI booth #12351.
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T