Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an EASA STC data package for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 helicopter short and long nose variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the TrakkaBeam A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU) and Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via a new model DZUS mounted NVG compliant TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes an IR and Amber filter option and all the interfaces for slaving the TrakkaBeam A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Airgreen in Italy and EASA Part 21J and 21G UK based Engineering Authority Phoenix Aerospace for the trial installation and certification. The installation comes with an EASA From 1 and utilizes the existing searchlight mount hard points for the new style mount, while integrating the PCIU into the aft avionics bay allowing for easy installation for a new or retrofit equipment. For more information please contact Trakka directly or see us at the HAI booth #12351.
- Bell awarded patent for tiltrotor aircraft having pillow block mounted pylon assemblies
- Boeing awarded patent for noise reducing profile for rotor blade tracking wedges
- RJ Helicopter awarded patent for deflection cone in a reaction drive helicopter
- Airbus reports on 2017 orders and deliveries
- CAMTS clarifies Lift-Off time definition
- Milestone leases eight AW139s to China EMS operator
- Gozo Air Ambulance makes 57 flights in first year
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Drone Delivery Canada Commences Testing on Raven X1400
- Héli-Union increases it’s AW139 fleet
- CHC starts $6M Aberdeen redevelopment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system