Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is highlighting its broad range of customer-focused support solutions at the HAI Heli-Expo 2016 helicopter trade show & exposition being held in Louisville, KY, this week (March 1-3).
One of the highlights of Vector’s booth (# 7556) is an Airbus Helicopters AS350 AStar fuselage display which emphasizes Vector’s extensive capabilities on the best-selling H125/AS350 and H130/EC130 single-engine helicopter family, including a newly developed crash-resistant fuel tank retrofit solution for the AS350 and EC130.
Designed in co-operation with Robertson Fuel Systems LLC, this direct replacement primary fuel tank features a number of important safety enhancements, including the introduction of all-new modernized fuel retention technology and the strategic relocation of certain critical components to further enhance safety and ease of maintenance. Vector is also working closely with Onboard Systems to ensure that the new retrofittable AS350/EC130 crash-resistant fuel tank remains compatible with Onboard’s industry-proven cargo swing solutions for the AStar family.
“The combination of Vector Aerospace’s engineering expertise and Robertson’s extensive experience in fuel system development allows us to offer a new lightweight, low-cost composite technology fuel tank which enhances operational safety, ease of maintenance and installation applicable to the AS350/EC130 aircraft market,” said Elvis Moniz, Vice President, Business Development at Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services – North America. “We are excited to be working with Robertson Fuel Systems to obtain FAA and EASA STC certification for this cost-effective retrofittable fuel tank solution.”
Robertson Fuel System’s CEO, Newman Shufflebarger, echoed Mr. Moniz’s comments: “Robertson is the global leader in crash-resistant and self-sealing fuel systems for the U.S. military, with more than 40 years of experience developing, designing and producing fuel systems. This civilian primary fuel system is an important new direction for us. We are delighted to collaborate with Vector in bringing this crash-resistant fuel tank to market. We are confident this new product will enhance the safety and serviceability of the AS350.”
In addition to the newly designed crash-resistant fuel tank, Vector’s other capabilities on the H125/AS350 and H130/EC130 family being showcased at Heli-Expo include its D-Level repairs with Airbus Helicopters’ certified fixtures, its quick turn-time 12-year inspections, its AS350 BA to B2 conversions, its full airframe rewiring capabilities, and its broad spectrum of avionics upgrades for the type.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive helicopter capabilities and to view the new AS350/EC130 retrofittable crash-resistant fuel tank solution, please visit us at Booth # 7556.
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska