Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it is in the process of developing a new FAA-certified ADS-B Out solution for the popular Finmeccanica Helicopters AW139 medium twin rotorcraft.
Vector’s ADS-B Out solution for the AW139 utilizes an L-3 Avionics Systems Lynx 1090 MHz Mode S ES transponder, installed either via a new center console control panel or on the aircraft’s existing instrument panel. This ADS-B Out solution, which is expected to receive supplemental type certification (STC) from the U.S. FAA and Brazilian ANAC airworthiness authorities in June 2016, will provide air traffic controllers with accurate, real-time aircraft position information, enhancing operational safety in congested airspace.
Vector has already received an order for seven of its AW139 ADS-B Out kits, with another order for seven additional kits pending.
“This new STC development is an example of our expertise and flexibility when it comes to developing avionics solutions to meet our customer’s unique needs,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President Rotary-Wing Sales at Vector Aerospace. “Vector is pleased to offer this new product to the marketplace to meet demand from operators for lower cost solutions, especially in today’s challenging economic conditions.”
Vector Aerospace’s world-renowned avionics capabilities utilize the latest technology to provide quality rewires, new installations, STC installations, refits and avionics upgrades. Our platform capabilities include the Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350, AS355, H130/EC130 and H215/AS332 Super Puma series, Bell Helicopter models including the Bell 205, 206, 212 and 407, and the Sikorsky S-61 and S-76. Our specialist avionics technicians support a wide range of operators across the private, commercial and military sectors, and are available to provide worldwide field support 24/7.
To learn more about Vector Aerospace’s extensive helicopter avionics capabilities, please visit us at Booth # 7556 during HAI Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville, KY.
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- LCI expands into China with lease of three AW139s
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Bristow renews and expands Perenco AW139 contract
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- CHC Introduces New Latin America Base at Bartolomeu Lisandro Airport
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Sloane Helicopters announced as new Penzance Heliport operator
- CASA approves our AW139 OJT journals
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Weststar signs AW139 fleet engine program with P&WC
- Waypoint Completes Purchase and Lease-Back of AW139
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters
- P&WC Introduces a Certified Pre-Owned Engine Program
- Waypoint & Leonardo announce new service offerings
- SKYTRAC, Leonardo and CHC Collaborate
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow signs Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan for AW139 fleet
- Lobo Leasing and Titan Helicopter Group Enter Into Lease Agreement
- Cobham Heli Academy Launch