Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today that it has received an FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for its polycarbonate windshields on Bell 206A, Bell 206B, and Bell 206L series aircraft, which will be distributed exclusively under its Aeronautical Accessories brand.
Developed by Bell Helicopter, the new 206 polycarbonate windshield is impact resistant, offering superior impact performance compared to acrylic windshields. The patent-pending windshield was designed in response to the success of the Bell 407 Polycarbonate windshield and offers several safety benefits. The windshield deflects objects away from the cockpit and significantly decreases the likelihood of objects breaching the windshield upon impact.
Designed as a replacement kit for existing Bell 206 series models, the windshield kit contains an exclusive mounting system of composite edging, adhesives and fasteners to provide increased flexing. The strapped edging and independent corner support design allow for improved impact resistance. The kit is also available for installation on new aircraft during customization. The new 206 polycarbonate windshield is available individually or as a set.
“The new Bell 206 polycarbonate windshield was developed in response to our customers requesting a design to increase the reliability, safety and performance of their aircraft,” said Jennifer Lunceford, manager of Sales for Aeronautical Accessories. “The product offers an impact resistant solution for Bell 206 customers who want only one polycarbonate windshield installed, or for customers who want to upgrade both the pilot and co-pilot side of the aircraft.”
For more information on the Bell 206 polycarbonate windshield, please contact the Aeronautical Accessories sales team at 1-800-251-7094, email your questions to [email protected] or visit their website at www.aero-access.com.
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada