Today at the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Conference in Louisville, KY, Life Flight Network (LFN) received recognition for earning two distinguished safety accreditations. LFN is the first air medical operator in the world to receive the HAI Accreditation Program of Safety (HAI-APS) designation for helicopter air ambulance operations. Simultaneously, LFN received International Standard for Business Aircraft Operators (IS-BAO) accreditation from the International Business Aviation Council (IBAC).
HAI-APS is a voluntary program to assist helicopter operators reduce accident and incident rates by helping to ensure the program’s safety culture is where it should be. HAI, the trade association for the international helicopter community, developed HAI-APS to help participating businesses “fly to a higher standard” of safety and professionalism. To become an HAI-APS accredited operator, programs need to demonstrate their operations are in compliance with internationally accepted standards of safety and professionalism for helicopter operations.
IBAC is an international, non-governmental association which represents, promotes, and protects the interests of business aviation in international policy and regulatory forums. IBAC introduced the IS-BAO program after recognizing the need for the business aviation community to take a lead role in fostering harmonization of operating procedures and requirements. IS-BAO’s fundamental purpose is to foster standardized, safe, and highly professional aircraft operations.
“We owe it to our employees, our patients, and to the communities we serve to conduct air ambulance operations as safely as possible,” stated Michael Griffiths, Chief Executive Officer of LFN. Griffiths adds, “Becoming the first air ambulance operator in the world to achieve dual HAI-APS and IS-BAO accreditations is further demonstration of our commitment to operating medically configured helicopters in the safest manner possible.”
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride