Airbus Helicopters Inc. on Wednesday announced a cooperation agreement with Survival Systems USA for the delivery of helicopter underwater egress and surface water survival training.
The agreement announced at Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville will enhance the capabilities of Airbus Helicopters Inc. to offer the highest standard of training to its customers across all missions and platforms. Survival Systems will provide the actual training at a facility in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
“This is one of many steps we have undertaken as part of a long-term plan to offer our customers a central, convenient, and cost-effective one-stop training solution,” said Sebastien Delmaire, Vice President of Strategy and Company Development for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “I am pleased that Survival Systems USA is teaming with us on this project.”
“We are proud to partner with Survival Systems, the leader in underwater egress training,” said Terry Eichman, Director of Training for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “This training will enable our customers across all market segments to improve the safety of their pilots and crews.”
“With their commitment to excellence, Airbus Helicopters Inc. is an ideal partner for Survival Systems to expand our mission of preserving lives,” said Maria C. Hanna, President and CEO of Survival Systems USA. “We offer aircraft specific underwater egress and water survival training that is typically not found in the U.S. commercial aviation marketplace. I am personally delighted by the potential impact our combined efforts, expertise, and resources will have on improving aviation safety.”
For more information on Airbus Helicopters industry-leading rotorcraft, services and training, the Heli-Expo 2016 exhibit located at Booth #9651.
About Survival Systems USA
Survival Systems USA Inc., based in Groton, Conn., is a world leader in underwater egress and water survival training. With more than three decades of research and innovation, Survival Systems USA is uniquely positioned to safely and consistently provide aircraft specific training solutions combined with full environmental training scenarios for fixed and rotary wing aviation professionals, across all missions and aircraft platforms. To learn more about Survival Systems USA, visit the website at www.survivalsystemsinc.com.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away