Airbus Helicopters Inc. on Wednesday announced a cooperation agreement with Survival Systems USA for the delivery of helicopter underwater egress and surface water survival training.
The agreement announced at Heli-Expo 2016 in Louisville will enhance the capabilities of Airbus Helicopters Inc. to offer the highest standard of training to its customers across all missions and platforms. Survival Systems will provide the actual training at a facility in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
“This is one of many steps we have undertaken as part of a long-term plan to offer our customers a central, convenient, and cost-effective one-stop training solution,” said Sebastien Delmaire, Vice President of Strategy and Company Development for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “I am pleased that Survival Systems USA is teaming with us on this project.”
“We are proud to partner with Survival Systems, the leader in underwater egress training,” said Terry Eichman, Director of Training for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “This training will enable our customers across all market segments to improve the safety of their pilots and crews.”
“With their commitment to excellence, Airbus Helicopters Inc. is an ideal partner for Survival Systems to expand our mission of preserving lives,” said Maria C. Hanna, President and CEO of Survival Systems USA. “We offer aircraft specific underwater egress and water survival training that is typically not found in the U.S. commercial aviation marketplace. I am personally delighted by the potential impact our combined efforts, expertise, and resources will have on improving aviation safety.”
For more information on Airbus Helicopters industry-leading rotorcraft, services and training, the Heli-Expo 2016 exhibit located at Booth #9651.
About Survival Systems USA
Survival Systems USA Inc., based in Groton, Conn., is a world leader in underwater egress and water survival training. With more than three decades of research and innovation, Survival Systems USA is uniquely positioned to safely and consistently provide aircraft specific training solutions combined with full environmental training scenarios for fixed and rotary wing aviation professionals, across all missions and aircraft platforms. To learn more about Survival Systems USA, visit the website at www.survivalsystemsinc.com.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023