BHI2 Helicopters has announced that a mock-up of United Rotorcraft’s new overlay floor system has been installed in one of their BHI H-60 “C-Hawks”. It will be available to view at the 2016 Helicopter Association International Heli Expo in Louisville Kentucky March 2nd through the 3rd in Static Area 1-3.
This announcement comes after months of close partnership and discussions between United Rotorcraft – An Air Methods Company and BHI2 Helicopters to help develop and further both companies position in the UH-60 marketplace.
David McCartney, Director of Sales for BHI2 Helicopters, commented, “Our overall goal is to develop the Blackhawk into a multi-purpose helicopter in the commercial marketplace. Having a relationship with a company like United Rotorcraft who has worked with the Blackhawk extensively with modifications and design, allows us to partner together with ideas and resources that we could never do separately.”
BHI2 and United Rotorcraft have partnered already in the past on projects for the UH-60 aircraft. They have confirmed that they will continue to work together to develop unique solutions and technologies for both of their customers in the commercial and military marketplace.
Bob Brodin, Director of Government Programs for United Rotorcraft, commented “The capability to not only have an aircraft available to use for mock-ups and design, but also one that is a true Research and Development aircraft that we can perform flight testing is outstanding. This adds a whole new level of capability to our business.”
United Rotorcraft has been a leader in developing and marketing a multitude of systems and technologies for the UH-60/S-70 Blackhawk series of aircraft. One of the most notable systems is the Multi-Patient Litter System. This system is modular and provides Blackhawk operators, including the US Army, the capability of converting a UH-60 airframe into a MEDEVAC mission platform in approximately twenty minutes per side. United Rotorcraft also played a key role in developing the Los Angeles County Firehawk program incorporating a single-pilot flight deck as well as numerous other modifications to the airframe to fit its mission criteria.
BHI2 is a collaboration between Brown Helicopter, Inc. of Pensacola, FL and Brainerd Helicopters, Inc. of Leesburg, Florida. Collectively the two companies have over two decades supporting and operating the Sikorsky UH-60/S-70 Black Hawk.
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, An Air Methods Division, ( www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
- HAI suggest ten reasons to attend Heli-Expo 2018
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- AVIC AC312E completes altitude test flights
- Airwork delists following Chinese buyout
- Helipad opens on Skye in Scotland
- Simhawk Adds Direct Buyer and Seller Chat Functionality to its Platform
- Croatian Kiowas perform first group live firing
- HAI and AHS co-host quiet flying seminar
- Helicopter Museum recognised for education value
- Era Helicopters writes off $117M from EC225 fleet
- Australian association AHIA appoints new CEO
- JSSI Appoints Specialist to Focus on Expanding Parts and Consulting Services
- AHS selects 2018 Nikolsky Honorary Lectureship recipient
- HAI President Message – They Love Us When They Need Us
- Construction starts on Eemshaven Heliport
- Israeli Brigadier General takes CH-53K King Stallion orientation flight
- UK – Leeds General Infirmary adds fire equipment to allow 24×7 ops
- Harris Corp awarded $100M contract for CV-22 Countermeasures
- Raytheon awarded $8M contract for Delivery of H-60 Spare Parts