BHI2 Helicopters has announced that a mock-up of United Rotorcraft’s new overlay floor system has been installed in one of their BHI H-60 “C-Hawks”. It will be available to view at the 2016 Helicopter Association International Heli Expo in Louisville Kentucky March 2nd through the 3rd in Static Area 1-3.
This announcement comes after months of close partnership and discussions between United Rotorcraft – An Air Methods Company and BHI2 Helicopters to help develop and further both companies position in the UH-60 marketplace.
David McCartney, Director of Sales for BHI2 Helicopters, commented, “Our overall goal is to develop the Blackhawk into a multi-purpose helicopter in the commercial marketplace. Having a relationship with a company like United Rotorcraft who has worked with the Blackhawk extensively with modifications and design, allows us to partner together with ideas and resources that we could never do separately.”
BHI2 and United Rotorcraft have partnered already in the past on projects for the UH-60 aircraft. They have confirmed that they will continue to work together to develop unique solutions and technologies for both of their customers in the commercial and military marketplace.
Bob Brodin, Director of Government Programs for United Rotorcraft, commented “The capability to not only have an aircraft available to use for mock-ups and design, but also one that is a true Research and Development aircraft that we can perform flight testing is outstanding. This adds a whole new level of capability to our business.”
United Rotorcraft has been a leader in developing and marketing a multitude of systems and technologies for the UH-60/S-70 Blackhawk series of aircraft. One of the most notable systems is the Multi-Patient Litter System. This system is modular and provides Blackhawk operators, including the US Army, the capability of converting a UH-60 airframe into a MEDEVAC mission platform in approximately twenty minutes per side. United Rotorcraft also played a key role in developing the Los Angeles County Firehawk program incorporating a single-pilot flight deck as well as numerous other modifications to the airframe to fit its mission criteria.
BHI2 is a collaboration between Brown Helicopter, Inc. of Pensacola, FL and Brainerd Helicopters, Inc. of Leesburg, Florida. Collectively the two companies have over two decades supporting and operating the Sikorsky UH-60/S-70 Black Hawk.
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, An Air Methods Division, ( www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner