BHI2 Helicopters has announced that a mock-up of United Rotorcraft’s new overlay floor system has been installed in one of their BHI H-60 “C-Hawks”. It will be available to view at the 2016 Helicopter Association International Heli Expo in Louisville Kentucky March 2nd through the 3rd in Static Area 1-3.
This announcement comes after months of close partnership and discussions between United Rotorcraft – An Air Methods Company and BHI2 Helicopters to help develop and further both companies position in the UH-60 marketplace.
David McCartney, Director of Sales for BHI2 Helicopters, commented, “Our overall goal is to develop the Blackhawk into a multi-purpose helicopter in the commercial marketplace. Having a relationship with a company like United Rotorcraft who has worked with the Blackhawk extensively with modifications and design, allows us to partner together with ideas and resources that we could never do separately.”
BHI2 and United Rotorcraft have partnered already in the past on projects for the UH-60 aircraft. They have confirmed that they will continue to work together to develop unique solutions and technologies for both of their customers in the commercial and military marketplace.
Bob Brodin, Director of Government Programs for United Rotorcraft, commented “The capability to not only have an aircraft available to use for mock-ups and design, but also one that is a true Research and Development aircraft that we can perform flight testing is outstanding. This adds a whole new level of capability to our business.”
United Rotorcraft has been a leader in developing and marketing a multitude of systems and technologies for the UH-60/S-70 Blackhawk series of aircraft. One of the most notable systems is the Multi-Patient Litter System. This system is modular and provides Blackhawk operators, including the US Army, the capability of converting a UH-60 airframe into a MEDEVAC mission platform in approximately twenty minutes per side. United Rotorcraft also played a key role in developing the Los Angeles County Firehawk program incorporating a single-pilot flight deck as well as numerous other modifications to the airframe to fit its mission criteria.
BHI2 is a collaboration between Brown Helicopter, Inc. of Pensacola, FL and Brainerd Helicopters, Inc. of Leesburg, Florida. Collectively the two companies have over two decades supporting and operating the Sikorsky UH-60/S-70 Black Hawk.
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, An Air Methods Division, ( www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’
- Kopter Group appoints VP of Business Development for US market
- RAMM receives FAA approval for R44 Cabin Floor Trays
- HFI Silent Auction Opens Today
- Production of T408 engine begins for CH-53K
- London Air Ambulance appoints new director
- Liebherr contracting for Airbus H160 heating valves
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo