Magellan Aerospace (“Magellan”) announced today that a Wire Strike Protection System™ (WSPS™) will soon be available for the Robinson R66 helicopter platform with the anticipated issuance of a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) in the first quarter of 2016.
The WSPS™ is designed to provide a measure of protection for helicopters in level flight in the event of an encounter with horizontally strung wires and cables, using the concept of guiding wires over the fuselage into high tensile steel cutting blades. The basic WSPS™ system is comprised of an upper cutter, lower cutter, and a windshield deflector.
The R66 WSPS™ kit is expected to be available for new R66 helicopters commencing in the fall of 2016. Internal provisions for the R66 WSPS™ platform will be available as an option from Robinson on new helicopters and will allow for easy installation of the exterior kit. A comprehensive aftermarket kit, including the internal provisions, will be available to retrofit older R66 helicopters from Magellan Aerospace’s authorized distributors (http://magellan.aero/product/wsps).
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- Prabhu Helicopter to receive brand new R66 Turbine Helicopter by September
- 21-Aug-17 RA-05750 Robinson R66 Maly Utrish, Russia (1F)
- FAA approves R66 hooks from Onboard Systems
- FAA certifies R66 Newscopter
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- EASA Approves Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management
- Nepal – Prabhu Helicopter orders R66
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales