Kawasaki Heavy Industries has announced that it has delivered two EC145 helicopters to the National Police Agency in its native Japan. These will be the first EC145s to be used by the National Police Agency, and are replacements of existing helicopters deployed by the Police in the prefectures of Kanagawa and Chiba.
The EC145 is, of coure, a development of the BK117 which Kawasaki started to develop with MBB before that German manufacturer became the German part of Eurocopter, and more recently renamed as Airbus Helicopters Deutschland. The EC145 with a standard tail rotor is certified as the BK117C2, and the fenestron H145 (ex EC145T2) is the BK117D2.
To this day, the cabin frame on every helicopter in the 117/145 family is made in Japan by Kawasaki, with the vast majority then shipped to Germany for the main production line.
German production to date has seen 253 117 A and B models, 55 C-1, 750 C-2 (EC145) and 80 D-2 (H145/EC145T2) helicopters.
By comparison, the Kawasaki factory in Japan has built 135 A, B and C-1 airframes and 39 of the newer C-2 (EC145) model to date.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- New Life Star Hangar in Meriden
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- Look, Smile, Reward! Wales Air Ambulance celebrates new H145 fleet
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Airbus Helicopters at Helitech 2016
- Royal Thai Navy Receives 5 H145Ms
- Metro Aviation Launches Air Medical Service
- Metro Aviation launches service with West Michigan Air Care