FT Sistemas has selected Rockwell Collins to provide its Micro Inertial Navigation Sensor (INS) for the new FT-200FH unmanned Category 2 helicopter. The agreement between the companies was announced at the FIDAE 2016 air show in the Brazil pavilion, coordinated by ABIMDE in partnership with Apex-Brasil.
“Rockwell Collins has been a valued partner throughout the last 10 years, and we’re proud to have them working with us in a new project. It is great to have a partner that brings great technology and local support to better serve our needs,” said Nei Brasil, FT Systems CEO.
“This contract is another step in our long lasting relationship with FT Sistemas as we provide advanced technology to this brand new unmanned aerial vehicle,” said Marcelo Vaz, managing director, for Rockwell Collins do Brasil.
The Micro INS is an advanced INS/GPS with an integrated air data system and magnetometer that offers complete and accurate platform state data. Weighing around 100 grams, the Micro INS incorporates an internal disk-on-chip for extended data logging, and meets demanding environmental requirements for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
The Micro INS uses highly reliable micro electromechanical systems sensors, including accelerometers, rate gyros, magnetometer and air data pressure sensors, along with a differential ready, Wide Area Augmentation System-enabled GPS receiver.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service