FT Sistemas has selected Rockwell Collins to provide its Micro Inertial Navigation Sensor (INS) for the new FT-200FH unmanned Category 2 helicopter. The agreement between the companies was announced at the FIDAE 2016 air show in the Brazil pavilion, coordinated by ABIMDE in partnership with Apex-Brasil.
“Rockwell Collins has been a valued partner throughout the last 10 years, and we’re proud to have them working with us in a new project. It is great to have a partner that brings great technology and local support to better serve our needs,” said Nei Brasil, FT Systems CEO.
“This contract is another step in our long lasting relationship with FT Sistemas as we provide advanced technology to this brand new unmanned aerial vehicle,” said Marcelo Vaz, managing director, for Rockwell Collins do Brasil.
The Micro INS is an advanced INS/GPS with an integrated air data system and magnetometer that offers complete and accurate platform state data. Weighing around 100 grams, the Micro INS incorporates an internal disk-on-chip for extended data logging, and meets demanding environmental requirements for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
The Micro INS uses highly reliable micro electromechanical systems sensors, including accelerometers, rate gyros, magnetometer and air data pressure sensors, along with a differential ready, Wide Area Augmentation System-enabled GPS receiver.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly