FT Sistemas has selected Rockwell Collins to provide its Micro Inertial Navigation Sensor (INS) for the new FT-200FH unmanned Category 2 helicopter. The agreement between the companies was announced at the FIDAE 2016 air show in the Brazil pavilion, coordinated by ABIMDE in partnership with Apex-Brasil.
“Rockwell Collins has been a valued partner throughout the last 10 years, and we’re proud to have them working with us in a new project. It is great to have a partner that brings great technology and local support to better serve our needs,” said Nei Brasil, FT Systems CEO.
“This contract is another step in our long lasting relationship with FT Sistemas as we provide advanced technology to this brand new unmanned aerial vehicle,” said Marcelo Vaz, managing director, for Rockwell Collins do Brasil.
The Micro INS is an advanced INS/GPS with an integrated air data system and magnetometer that offers complete and accurate platform state data. Weighing around 100 grams, the Micro INS incorporates an internal disk-on-chip for extended data logging, and meets demanding environmental requirements for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
The Micro INS uses highly reliable micro electromechanical systems sensors, including accelerometers, rate gyros, magnetometer and air data pressure sensors, along with a differential ready, Wide Area Augmentation System-enabled GPS receiver.
- CoxHealth Expands Air Medical Fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- Esterline showcases ADS-B Annunciators with fast delivery
- Jonathan Jenkins appointed new CEO of London’s Air Ambulance
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- US Navy awards Elbit $150M MH-60S fleet helmet contract
- McMahon Helicopter Services appointed distributor for MD Helicopters
- RUAG integrates pilot assistance and safety solution on Swiss AF EC635 fleet
- Counterdrug MH-65 Unit Marks 500th Drug Interdiction
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters
- OSF Relocates Life Flight Helicopter
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Airbus and Nepalese operators mark 50,000 flight hours of the H125