FT Sistemas has selected Rockwell Collins to provide its Micro Inertial Navigation Sensor (INS) for the new FT-200FH unmanned Category 2 helicopter. The agreement between the companies was announced at the FIDAE 2016 air show in the Brazil pavilion, coordinated by ABIMDE in partnership with Apex-Brasil.
“Rockwell Collins has been a valued partner throughout the last 10 years, and we’re proud to have them working with us in a new project. It is great to have a partner that brings great technology and local support to better serve our needs,” said Nei Brasil, FT Systems CEO.
“This contract is another step in our long lasting relationship with FT Sistemas as we provide advanced technology to this brand new unmanned aerial vehicle,” said Marcelo Vaz, managing director, for Rockwell Collins do Brasil.
The Micro INS is an advanced INS/GPS with an integrated air data system and magnetometer that offers complete and accurate platform state data. Weighing around 100 grams, the Micro INS incorporates an internal disk-on-chip for extended data logging, and meets demanding environmental requirements for shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
The Micro INS uses highly reliable micro electromechanical systems sensors, including accelerometers, rate gyros, magnetometer and air data pressure sensors, along with a differential ready, Wide Area Augmentation System-enabled GPS receiver.
- Avinco revealed as an Airbus group company
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s