The Villegas family, represented by Philip Layfield of Layfield & Barrett and V. James (Jim) DeSimone of V. James DeSimone Law, filed a lawsuit in the Superior Court of California, San Bernardino County. The lawsuit was filed under the case name: Villegas v. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department et al with the case number CIVDS1606504, for injuries sustained by the family, allegedly resulting from the San Bernardino County Sheriff sniper helicopter shooting on Interstate 215.
According to court documents, on September 18, 2015, an individual evaded a traffic stop after running a stop sign and led law enforcement on a high speed chase. He entered the Interstate 215 off ramp and proceeded the wrong way at speeds approaching 100 mph. The court documents also go on to state that the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department followed the vehicle in a helicopter piloted by Deputy Sheriff Ryan Conner, Deputy Sheriff Paul Kowalski fired at least nine shots at the vehicle from a helicopter killing the individual. Consequently, his vehicle slammed into the Villegas family’s Dodge Durango.
Per the court documents, as an alleged result of this police shooting the Villegas family has incurred millions of dollars in medical expenses. Their young son is no longer able to walk or get out of bed without assistance as stated in the court documents.
About Layfield & Barrett:
Layfield & Barrett (L&B) is one of America’s premier plaintiff only law firms. With personal injury attorneys dedicated solely to plaintiff litigation and offices nationwide, L&B’s California personal injury lawyers handle catastrophic injury cases, wrongful death, medical malpractice, civil rights, construction defect and mass torts.
About V. James DeSimone:
V. James DeSimone (“Jim”) is Managing Partner of V. James DeSimone Law, a California law firm dedicated to representing individuals in civil rights cases with emphasis on employment discrimination and harassment, employment wage and hour class action cases, and police misconduct and brutality cases.
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer 4 orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%