Britannia2000 is delighted to have been selected and contracted once again by Babcock (formerly Bond Air Services) for the supply of their Compact Airborne Mission Computer (CAMC) for Police Scotland. This follows Babcock’s selection of Britannia to supply the CAMC for the UK’s National Police Aviation Service (NPAS) in the upgrade of seven of their EC135 platforms.
Britannia2000 specialises in the design, development and manufacture of ISTAR and Communications systems. The CAMC, developed by Britannia2000, will form part of the Police Scotland mission system upgrade. Designed for civil and military applications on rotary and fixed-wing platforms, CAMC provides a variety of communication interfaces and accepts a wide variety of video formats, including full HD. It has been designed to run CarteNav AIMS software, including Moving Target Indication (MTI), at maximum efficiency.
CAMC provides multiple monitor outputs for up to three touch-screen displays. This feature helps to reduce operator workload and improve mission efficiency by task sharing between observers and operators. Pilots, for example, can view mapping displays whilst operators control the EO/IR turret and observers collate information on their screens.
Ralph Jones, Managing Director of Britannia2000, commented: “It is a tremendous credit to Britannia that once again, we have been selected to supply our CAMC for the Police in their mission system upgrades. We are extremely proud to be the Mission Computer of choice and to provide Police Scotland with the latest in airborne technology.”
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- First Australian EC135 goes live on military training contract
- SEA supplies Helicopter Simulator technology to Air Ambulance Sector
- DHART Welcomes New Helicopter
- Second Irish Base for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Maxcraft Receives STC for Garmin in Airbus Helicopters EC-135
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- FAA Proposes Civil Penalty Against Air Methods
- Ecocopter Takes Delivery of Frasca EC135 Simulator