Leonardo-Finmeccanica has announced at EBACE this week that their Distributorship Agreement with Kaan Air of Turkey has been “renovated” – whether this means it lapsed it not clear. Previously, the Kaan covered a range of models including AW119, AW109SP and AW139. Leonardo has now extended this to include AW169 and AW189.
With this latest achievement Leonardo-Finmeccanica further expands its presence in the Turkish commercial helicopter market, where the company has already sold more than 30 helicopters from nearly the entire range of commercial products including the AgustaWestland AW119, AW109 Power, Grand/GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 particularly for executive/private transport, emergency medical service and aerial works duties..
The partnership with Kaan Air allowed the introduction of the whole family of new generation helicopters, namely the AW169-AW139-AW189, into the Turkish market with the first European contract for an executive-configured AW189 signed by the distributor in 2014. The three models all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, flight operations, maintenance and support. Leonardo-Finmeccanica maintains a leading position in the global executive/private transport market with a 50% share in the multi-engine segment.
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil
- Norway set to place first police order for AW169
- SAS to undertake AW169 pilot training
- SAS delivers next AW169 Air Ambulance
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- Sloane Helicopters expands Leonardo in UK and Ireland with AW169 and GrandNew orders
- Technical Approvals for Airlift AW169
- EASA clears British AW169 air ambulances to fly
- First Leonardo AW169 arrives in Sweden
- Leonardo’s AW169 Helicopter selected by The Argentine National Gendarmerie
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- LCI to lease three AW169s to NHV Norwegian subsidiary Airlift
- Corporate and VIP operators across the Americas select AW139, AW169
- Milestone lease AW169 to HeliKorea
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector