Leonardo-Finmeccanica has announced at EBACE this week that their Distributorship Agreement with Kaan Air of Turkey has been “renovated” – whether this means it lapsed it not clear. Previously, the Kaan covered a range of models including AW119, AW109SP and AW139. Leonardo has now extended this to include AW169 and AW189.
With this latest achievement Leonardo-Finmeccanica further expands its presence in the Turkish commercial helicopter market, where the company has already sold more than 30 helicopters from nearly the entire range of commercial products including the AgustaWestland AW119, AW109 Power, Grand/GrandNew, AW169, AW139 and AW189 particularly for executive/private transport, emergency medical service and aerial works duties..
The partnership with Kaan Air allowed the introduction of the whole family of new generation helicopters, namely the AW169-AW139-AW189, into the Turkish market with the first European contract for an executive-configured AW189 signed by the distributor in 2014. The three models all possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, flight operations, maintenance and support. Leonardo-Finmeccanica maintains a leading position in the global executive/private transport market with a 50% share in the multi-engine segment.
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Milestone leases two AW169s to Alidaunia in Italy
- Polar Research Institute of China orders an AW169
- Norwegian Police pick TrakkaBeam searchlight for AW169
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to replace MD902 with AW169
- Denmark – Uni-Fly order two AW169s for wind farm support
- Leonardo exhibits new generation VIP helicopters at the Monaco Yacht Show
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Leonardo reports more AW169 and GrandNew sales in Brazil
- Norway set to place first police order for AW169
- SAS to undertake AW169 pilot training
- SAS delivers next AW169 Air Ambulance
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- Sloane Helicopters expands Leonardo in UK and Ireland with AW169 and GrandNew orders
- Technical Approvals for Airlift AW169
- EASA clears British AW169 air ambulances to fly