The Argentine military reported late last week that the Secretary of Logistics, Emergencies and Cultural Management, Walter Ceballos, had announced the purchase of twenty AB206 JetRangers while visiting Italy last week. The purchase includes ten GAU-17 machine guns and five stretcher units.
During September and October of this year, nineteen of the twenty helicopters will arrive in country, while the last unit remains in Italy until all the necessary training (including “training the trainers”) has been completed.
Ceballos also visited the Leonardo factory, and said he is interested in replacing Argentine Lama helicopters with AW169s and is also looking at potential purchase of C-27J Spartan fixed wing from the manufacturer.
This deal has been a LONG time in the making. Back in December 2011, HeliHub.com reported that negotiations were under way for these ex-Carabinieri machines, which had been taken out of service and replaced by AW109N Nexus helicopters. No mention was made in the announcement about the possible payment for these helicopters. Previous reports had suggested that the helicopters would be acquired as a swap for three G222 transport aircraft which the south American country has already retired from use.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada
- Orange County Receives Bell 206
- Gama Aviation awarded EASA STC for Garmin G500H EFIS in Bell 206 and 407
- Court orders Choppair to pay $200 000 to pilot involved in crash
- LAPD selects Cobham RT-7000 Tactical Radio
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- 21-May-16 C-GSHX Bell 206L4 North West Territories, Canada
- L-3 Vertex Aerospace awarded another $80M to support US Navy TH-57 fleet
- 04-May-16 C-GOPK Bell 206B Fort St James, Canada
- Outerlink get FAA STC approval for integrated broadband satcom system on Bell 206L and 407
- First customer installation and flight of VHA 206B Main Rotor Blades completed
- Customer Advantage Plans from Bell to launch in Europe with Heli Charter
- 25-Mar-16 VH-WHU Bell 206B Mackay, Australia (1F)
- 24-Mar-16 C-GGQL Bell 206B Port Renfrew, Canada