The Argentine military reported late last week that the Secretary of Logistics, Emergencies and Cultural Management, Walter Ceballos, had announced the purchase of twenty AB206 JetRangers while visiting Italy last week. The purchase includes ten GAU-17 machine guns and five stretcher units.
During September and October of this year, nineteen of the twenty helicopters will arrive in country, while the last unit remains in Italy until all the necessary training (including “training the trainers”) has been completed.
Ceballos also visited the Leonardo factory, and said he is interested in replacing Argentine Lama helicopters with AW169s and is also looking at potential purchase of C-27J Spartan fixed wing from the manufacturer.
This deal has been a LONG time in the making. Back in December 2011, HeliHub.com reported that negotiations were under way for these ex-Carabinieri machines, which had been taken out of service and replaced by AW109N Nexus helicopters. No mention was made in the announcement about the possible payment for these helicopters. Previous reports had suggested that the helicopters would be acquired as a swap for three G222 transport aircraft which the south American country has already retired from use.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada