Helibras has delivered the first of two new EC145s to the Secretariat of Public Security of Rio de Janeiro. These will form part of the intelligence system supporting the Olympic Games, which opens in the city on 5th August 2016. Following production in Germany, the aircraft have gone through a long completion period in Brazil with Helibras. “In addition to advance to the operator, it is also an important step for the engineering Helibras that has been developing structured projects, high-tech and specific to the Brazilian reality.
The installation includes equipment for aerial surveillance, as police tactical radio, thermal imaging, image and tactical mission console and real-time image transmission recorder and is fully equipped and able to operate in the security of the Games. The EC145 also includes load hook, troop seats, searchlight, speakers and helmets with night vision goggles.
Mauro Ayres, Helibras government sales manager added “These aircraft represent an evolution for public security in Rio de Janeiro, equalling the EC145s flown by the Metropolitan Police in London very successfully during the 2012 Olympic Games”.
Helibras is also contracted to maintain the two aircraft for two years. The second aircraft is expected to be delivered in July, just in time for the Games.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- New Life Star Hangar in Meriden
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers