Able Aerospace Services has been named by Leonardo-Finmeccanica, through AgustaWestland Philadelphia Corp, as an approved supplier for maintenance, repairs, overhaul and testing for AgustaWestland products’ components. HeliHub.com can confirm that all models of AgustaWestland helicopter are included, although Able will initially be concentrating on AW109, AW119 and AW139.
Able joins the Leonardo Helicopters’ worldwide service network and an approved supplier for maintenance, repairs, overhaul and testing to AgustaWestland products’ dynamic components. Services under this agreement include a range of special processing and testing, of which Able completes 100 percent of all jobs in house.
“We have worked with Leonardo Helicopters for more than a decade, and applaud its commitment to strong aftermarket maintenance support,” said Able Aerospace Services Vice President John Jackson. “This new agreement gives Able more efficient avenues to do what we do best, which is to support aircraft operators with safe, fast, cost-saving aftermarket MRO.”
From its headquarters and maintenance facilities on the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport in Mesa, Arizona, Able offers FAA approved component repair, overhaul and approved replacement parts solutions to commercial and military aviation fleets in more than 60 countries worldwide. This includes extensive in-house capabilities such as electroplating, chemical processing, machining, grinding, NDT testing, hydraulics, bearings services, and painting.
Able operates from a broad platform of airworthiness certifications from entities including the FAA, EASA, CAAC, JCAB, DCAT, ANAC and the Brazilian Navy.
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Leonardo renews pre-owned sales agreement with Rotortrade
- Denmark – Uni-Fly order two AW169s for wind farm support
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- Biggin Hill Airport heli shuttle service grows to 6 AW109s
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- SENER and Babcock complete fourth Spanish Navy AB212 upgrade
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- AW189 to support Oil&Gas operations in Russia
- Fuel Consumption Figure Drops for AW189
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Mi-8AMTSHs Demonstration at MAKS-2017
- New Era For Air Ambulance Patients In Dorset and Somerset
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- UK Air Ambulance AW169s go to work at last
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters expands Leonardo in UK and Ireland with AW169 and GrandNew orders
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)