Since October last year Oryx Aviation Consulting (OAC) have been establishing themselves as the preferred provider of Helideck and Helipad inspection services and consultancy, according to both local Regulations and the UK CAP 437, in the UAE and wider MENA region. The company is now offering CAP 437 compliant helideck friction tests utilizing the recognized leading helideck friction testing device available on the market.
The Findlay Irvine Helideck Micro GripTester is the worlds first purpose built continuous friction testing device designed specifically for testing helidecks and helicopter landing zones. Featuring the “braked wheel” method of measuring friction and with an automatic water delivery system (to simulate “worst case scenario” wet landing surfaces) this hugely capable, yet portable computer-controlled device allows trained users to test the entire surface/helideck at a resolution of 1 meter squared.
Matt Hayes, the OAC Operations Manager and Chief Helideck Inspector said: “Elevated helipads and offshore helidecks that do not use a helicopter landing safety net, such as here in the UAE, are required to have an adequate friction surface. CAP 437 clearly specifies an acceptable level of friction and the only way to properly assess the resistance to helicopter slippage and skidding is by a formal and comprehensive friction test. Our new, fully UK CAA CAP 437 compliant, friction tester enables us to do just that for our local and regional customers. Until this initiative the same friction testers and operatives had to be sourced and imported from far away places at enormous cost. We already provide professional CAP 437 Inspections in the region and by adding a friction test, if required, we can now offer the complete local service cheaper, quicker and with far greater flexibility”
- Teletronics awarded $45M contract for Acquisition of V-22 Data Hardware
- General Electric awarded $143M contract for Procurement of 22 T408-GE-400 CH-53K helicopter engines
- Bell awarded patent for Tiltrotor aircraft having spherical bearing mounted pylon assemblies
- Honeywell International awarded patent for surveillance system using micro mobile drones and IP cameras
- North Island Hospital opens new campus
- Russian Helicopters Concluded the First Export Contract for the Supply of Mi-171А2
- 150th H145 delivered to HTM
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2017
- Iron Mountain awarded $7M contract for Foreign Military Sales for the Utility Helicopter Project Office.
- Safran celebrates 40 years in Brazil
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands Leonardo AW139 fleet
- New FAA Guidance for Electronic Flight Bags
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Nova Scotia customer orders Bell 407GXP
- Abu Dhabi Aviation sign new PWC support agreement
- Helicopters of Russia handed over Mi-28UBs to the Russian Defense Ministry
- Conklin & de Decker Release Aircraft Cost Evaluator 17.2
- V-22 Osprey readiness rate is 48%