The majority of remote Helicopter Landing Sites within the Yeovilton operating area belong to private landowners and are offered for use on a good will basis.
These sites are vital to the training carried out by the Commando Helicopter Force and other aviation units to deliver operational capability.
In order to maintain and reinforce this essential link with the local community a ‘Landowners’ Day’ took place at Merryfield Airfield, Ilton near Ilminster, Wednesday 25th May 2016.
The aim of the day was to demonstrate to landowners how their continued support is a critical enabler to the operational effectiveness of the Command Helicopter Force and to allow Commando Helicopter Force personnel to meet directly with the Landowners to thank them for their continued essential support for aviation training.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia