The winner of this year’s ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be selected, once again, by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 10th -14th in Edmonton, Alberta. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000.00 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Airbus Helicopters‘ chief priority is to support flight safety for the thousands of men and women who are transported in aircraft every day,” said Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Carrying out this commitment across Canada are the people we want to honor with this award.”
The Innovation in Safety Award was established as a point of reference to measure the advancements and accomplishments of organizations and individuals working to uphold Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The award will be presented to the nominee who has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the examination of skill development, training and additional resources, while sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
• Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada.
• Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
• Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2016 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: https://www.airbushelicopters.ca/innovation-in-safety-award-2016
Deadline for submission is October 2, 2016
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case