The winner of this year’s ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be selected, once again, by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 10th -14th in Edmonton, Alberta. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000.00 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Airbus Helicopters‘ chief priority is to support flight safety for the thousands of men and women who are transported in aircraft every day,” said Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Carrying out this commitment across Canada are the people we want to honor with this award.”
The Innovation in Safety Award was established as a point of reference to measure the advancements and accomplishments of organizations and individuals working to uphold Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The award will be presented to the nominee who has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the examination of skill development, training and additional resources, while sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
• Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada.
• Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
• Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2016 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: https://www.airbushelicopters.ca/innovation-in-safety-award-2016
Deadline for submission is October 2, 2016
- Oklahoma Passes Bill for Aerial Gunning of Wild Hogs
- CAACI Issues Warning after Kite Collision
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia