Elite Helicopters – a British operator which has been flying for 21 years – has announced they will be opening a second base. The chosen location is Fairoaks Airport on the south-west suburbs of London. The company originally started flying from White Waltham airfield, but has been located at Goodwood for the vast majority of those 21 years. Elite now have an office in the same building as the control tower at Fairoaks.
Elite are offering both training and charter from the new base. On the training side they will offer PPL(H), CPL(H), Flight Instructor courses and Type Conversion training on various helicopter types including the Guimbal Cabri G2, Robinson R22 and Robinson R44. We will also have Bell JetRanger, Bell LongRanger and AS350 Squirrel Helicopters available for Type Ratings, Differences Training and hire to qualified pilots. The company’s Air Operators Certificate allows them to charter Robinson R22, Bell 206 JetRanger and LongRanger, Airbus AS350 and AgustaWestland AW109. They also act as an umbrella AOC organisation for charter operations by other companies, particularly Halo Aviation.
Elite have said that Gary Savage will be “working with us on various aspects of the Fairoaks operation“, but did not go so far as giving his job title. Gary has had a long term association with Fairoaks, particularly under Alan Mann Helicopters. He was also Base Manager at Fairoaks for Heli Air, who opened there in March 2012, although the company decided to close that base in February 2016.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Composite Helicopters Awarded Patent for Monocoque Helicopter Fuselage With Integral Tail Boom
- Airbus presents latest innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show
- Donaldson IBFs approved for installation on H125
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Helisota and ASA signs cooperation agreement
- Waypoint Leases H135s to ALT
- New Executive Vice President of PRISM appointed
- HELP to fund new DIFFS at Manchester University Hospitals
- StandardAero Celebrates First Anniversary as GE T700 Authorized MRO Provider
- Japan Coast Guard orders one more H225
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters