On June 27, 2016, the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Bristow Group Inc. (the “Company”) determined that it was in the best interests of the Company and its shareholders to increase the size of the Board from twelve to thirteen directors and has appointed Mr. A. William Higgins to fill the vacant Board position, effective June 27, 2016.
Mr. Higgins, age 57, currently serves as a director on the board of Kaman Corporation, a diversified company which conducts business in the aerospace and industrial distribution markets, where he is chairman of the finance committee and a member of the corporate governance committee. He is the former Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of CIRCOR International, Inc., a global diversified manufacturing company that designs, manufactures, and supplies valves, related products and services to the aerospace, oil and gas and industrial markets as well as OEMs, processors, manufacturers, the military, and utilities that rely on fluid-control to accomplish their missions. Leslie Controls, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CIRCOR and an entity for which Mr. Higgins served as a director and Vice President, filed for bankruptcy protection in July 2010 in order to eliminate certain asbestos litigation liabilities. The subsidiary successfully emerged from bankruptcy the following year. Prior to March 2008, he held the offices of President and Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of CIRCOR. Prior to joining CIRCOR in 2005, Mr. Higgins spent thirteen years in a variety of senior management positions with Honeywell International and AlliedSignal.
HeliHub.com editorial comment – the statement above is verbatim from SEC. We are not clear on why Mr Higgins’ skills in bankruptcy protection have been noted, whether that is something Bristow feel they might need, or whether it is an SEC requirement to provide those details in this sort of statement.
Image from Kaman Corp website
- San Bernandino Sherriff Acquires H125
- Bell to work with PGZ on UH-1Y in addition to AH-1Z
- NEMSPA opens nominations for two awards
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Heli-One USA Celebrates 10 Years of Service
- Eagle Australasia proud to help the local community
- Sikorsky sets up EMS championship in Poland with Black Hawks
- FAA shakes up Certification team
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Kaman announces date for FY2017Q2 earnings
- Garmin Pilot Adds Features for Android and Apple App
- Final Delivery Bell Huey II helicopters delivered to Kenya Air Force
- Russian Helicopters sell 10 aircraft to China
- Airbus awarded patent for connection joint for attaching an airfoil blade to a helicopter’s bearingless main rotor
- Honeywell International awarded $9M contract for delivery for V-22 aircraft side air panel assemblies
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- L-3 Communications awarded $9M contract for Procurement of Installation of 96 ADS Broadcast avionics kits
- Lockheed Martin awarded $20M contract for Delivery of MH-60 spare parts
- Bristow returns two EC225s to leasing company
- NZ – Northland seeking to upgrade to two Sikorsky S76C from S76A models