On June 27, 2016, the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Bristow Group Inc. (the “Company”) determined that it was in the best interests of the Company and its shareholders to increase the size of the Board from twelve to thirteen directors and has appointed Mr. A. William Higgins to fill the vacant Board position, effective June 27, 2016.
Mr. Higgins, age 57, currently serves as a director on the board of Kaman Corporation, a diversified company which conducts business in the aerospace and industrial distribution markets, where he is chairman of the finance committee and a member of the corporate governance committee. He is the former Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of CIRCOR International, Inc., a global diversified manufacturing company that designs, manufactures, and supplies valves, related products and services to the aerospace, oil and gas and industrial markets as well as OEMs, processors, manufacturers, the military, and utilities that rely on fluid-control to accomplish their missions. Leslie Controls, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CIRCOR and an entity for which Mr. Higgins served as a director and Vice President, filed for bankruptcy protection in July 2010 in order to eliminate certain asbestos litigation liabilities. The subsidiary successfully emerged from bankruptcy the following year. Prior to March 2008, he held the offices of President and Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of CIRCOR. Prior to joining CIRCOR in 2005, Mr. Higgins spent thirteen years in a variety of senior management positions with Honeywell International and AlliedSignal.
HeliHub.com editorial comment – the statement above is verbatim from SEC. We are not clear on why Mr Higgins’ skills in bankruptcy protection have been noted, whether that is something Bristow feel they might need, or whether it is an SEC requirement to provide those details in this sort of statement.
Image from Kaman Corp website
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF