On July 5th 2016, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South) accepted a new AgustaWestland AW189 (serial 49029) at Vungtau airport after a ferry flight from Malaysia. VNH South has signed a lease contract on this helicopter for six months, along with a further option for another six months.
This is a brand new helicopter which was manufactured in 2015 and fully equipped with offshore equipment, completely similar to the configuration of AW189 owned by VNH South.
The operator has said that this lease is primarily to cover for grounded AS332L2 and EC225 helicopters in their fleet after the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam followed the EASA lead in grounding the types. This was the result of an accident to a CHC EC225 off the Norwegian city of Bergen on 29th April, and the subsequent investigation by the Accident Investigation Bureau of Norway.
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- AW189 to support Oil&Gas operations in Russia
- Fuel Consumption Figure Drops for AW189
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- AW189 to enter offshore service in Brazil
- New Coastguard SAR Helicopter at Prestwick Airport
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Modifications Needed for AW189 Bubble Windows
- AW189 enters UK SAR operations today