On July 5th 2016, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South) accepted a new AgustaWestland AW189 (serial 49029) at Vungtau airport after a ferry flight from Malaysia. VNH South has signed a lease contract on this helicopter for six months, along with a further option for another six months.
This is a brand new helicopter which was manufactured in 2015 and fully equipped with offshore equipment, completely similar to the configuration of AW189 owned by VNH South.
The operator has said that this lease is primarily to cover for grounded AS332L2 and EC225 helicopters in their fleet after the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam followed the EASA lead in grounding the types. This was the result of an accident to a CHC EC225 off the Norwegian city of Bergen on 29th April, and the subsequent investigation by the Accident Investigation Bureau of Norway.
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- AW189 to enter offshore service in Brazil
- New Coastguard SAR Helicopter at Prestwick Airport
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Modifications Needed for AW189 Bubble Windows
- AW189 enters UK SAR operations today
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- Era Partners with Leonardo Helicopters to Showcase AW189
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Bel Air AW189 helicopters exceed 6000 flight hours in North Sea operations
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189
- LCI Experiencing busiest year ever at Helitech 2016
- Bel Air passes 5000 flight hours on AW189 fleet
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Coast Guard S92s and AW189s are too big for hospital helipads
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Waypoint confirmed as lessor of VNH South AW189
- Farnborough – Abaco rugged display computer to be shown on AW189
- EASA approves AW189 FIPS Full Ice Protection System
- Leonardo JV in Russia adjusted as Rosneft confirms order for another 20 AW189s