Esterline CMC Electronics (CMC) is pleased to announce that the CMA-9000 Flight Management System (FMS) and CMA-5024 GPS Landing System have been selected by the French Direction générale de l’armement (DGA) and by Airbus Helicopters, to upgrade the Sécurité Civile fleet of EC145 helicopters. The 35 helicopters that will be upgraded are deployed on Sécurité Civile bases in France and the French Overseas Territories and are used for search and rescue, emergency medical services (EMS), surveillance and law enforcement. This retrofit program will improve the operational mission performance of the EC145 helicopters in all weather conditions and enable compliance with the newest civil airspace regulations for performance based navigation (PBN), ADS-B and SBAS-enabled LPV approaches.
Jim Palmer, Vice President, Products, Navigation Solutions, said: “We are very proud that the French DGA and Airbus Helicopters have selected the CMA-9000 and CMA-5024 to augment the capabilities of these advanced multi-role helicopters. The upgraded EC145s will be able to leverage the CMA-9000’s unique combination of civil certification, advanced tactical functions and radio management capability to operate both on specialized missions and in civil airspace”.
The CMA-9000 is a field-proven, highly integrated and flexible solution that is optimized for helicopter operations. It provides flight management and multi-sensor navigation throughout all phases of flight, radio management and many specialized functions that help reduce pilot workload during mission-critical applications such as Search and Rescue (SAR) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS). The CMA-9000 supports both military and civil navigation modes, with compliance to the latest standards for Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) approaches. The integrated radio management system offers savings in terms of size, weight, power and cost on the helicopter. Night Vision Goggle (NVG) capability enables night-time operations for police, SAR and Emergency Medical Service operators, making the CMA-9000 the FMS of choice for demanding helicopter applications.
CMC’s IntegriFlight™ CMA-5024 GPS Landing System Sensor meets the requirements for an Instrument Flight Rules, civil certified Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). The European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service (EGNOS), a component of the international Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS), augments GPS to provide an extremely accurate navigation solution that will support all flight operations from en route through Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (LPV) CAT-1 equivalent approach. The CMA-5024 is compliant with and completely supports EGNOS/SBAS, from departure, en-route navigation, and all EGNOS/SBAS LPV Precision Approaches, and complies with published Communication Navigation Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) navigational mandates. The CMA-5024 is provisioned for growth to GBAS with a built-in VHF Data Broadcast (VDB) receiver debuting in the summer of 2017.
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175