Sikorsky and Babcock Mission Critical Services Ltd. today signed a 10-year agreement providing Babcock’s S-92® helicopter fleet with extended support for its aftermarket material needs. Sikorsky’s Total Assurance Program provides Babcock continued aftermarket support to operate its S-92 fleet within a known budget, reducing the risk of unplanned costs. Babcock MCS Ltd. is a division of Babcock International Group plc. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
The contract was signed in a ceremony at the 2016 Farnborough Air Show by Sikorsky Vice President for Strategy & Business Development Nathalie Previte and Babcock MCS Chief Operating Officer Andrea Cicero.
“We are pleased that Sikorsky is committed to improving material availability to keep these aircraft flying, and we are confident they will continue providing world-class support allowing us to deliver the critical services upon which our customers rely,” said Cicero.
“We have worked collaboratively with Babcock MCS on a number of points over the past two years,” said Previte. “This agreement is the result of a collaborative effort to expand our support presence and meet Babcock’s fleet requirements for improved operational readiness for their critical missions in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.”
Sikorsky and Babcock have done business together since 1979. The Babcock fleet currently features more than 20 Sikorsky aircraft, operating in the North Sea, Western Australia and Spain. Certified to meet the most stringent safety requirements around the world, the S-92 helicopter is one of the most successful helicopters in operation.
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Waypoint Delivers 2 helicopters to Omni
- HNZ Group announces offshore SAR contract in Australia
- 02-May-17 G-MCGG Sikorsky S92 Kirkfieldbank, UK
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- HNZ Group announces contract to support Nova Scotia offshore operations
- Heli-One Introduces External Operations Visual Monitoring Upgrade for Sikorsky S-92
- Sikorsky Launches Safety Enhancement Program with PHi and Outerlink
- Sikorsky launches Flight Crew Operating Manuals for S92 and S76D
- Milestone Provides two S92s and five S76Ds to Thai Aviation Services
- VIH Offering its Full Suite of S92 STC Products
- HNZ and PHi to fly up to four S-92s in Australian JV
- Perfect storm – Sikorsky grounds S92
- CHC to Provide 3 Additional Aircraft to Shell