Sikorsky and Babcock Mission Critical Services Ltd. today signed a 10-year agreement providing Babcock’s S-92® helicopter fleet with extended support for its aftermarket material needs. Sikorsky’s Total Assurance Program provides Babcock continued aftermarket support to operate its S-92 fleet within a known budget, reducing the risk of unplanned costs. Babcock MCS Ltd. is a division of Babcock International Group plc. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
The contract was signed in a ceremony at the 2016 Farnborough Air Show by Sikorsky Vice President for Strategy & Business Development Nathalie Previte and Babcock MCS Chief Operating Officer Andrea Cicero.
“We are pleased that Sikorsky is committed to improving material availability to keep these aircraft flying, and we are confident they will continue providing world-class support allowing us to deliver the critical services upon which our customers rely,” said Cicero.
“We have worked collaboratively with Babcock MCS on a number of points over the past two years,” said Previte. “This agreement is the result of a collaborative effort to expand our support presence and meet Babcock’s fleet requirements for improved operational readiness for their critical missions in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.”
Sikorsky and Babcock have done business together since 1979. The Babcock fleet currently features more than 20 Sikorsky aircraft, operating in the North Sea, Western Australia and Spain. Certified to meet the most stringent safety requirements around the world, the S-92 helicopter is one of the most successful helicopters in operation.
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Waypoint Delivers 2 helicopters to Omni
- HNZ Group announces offshore SAR contract in Australia
- 02-May-17 G-MCGG Sikorsky S92 Kirkfieldbank, UK
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand