Sikorsky, A Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT) today announced the opening of a Forward Stocking Location in Brisbane, Australia, at the Sikorsky Helitech facility (photo below). The announcement was made at the Farnborough International Air Show.
The in-country warehousing of spare parts provides Australian S-76® and S-92® commercial helicopter operators quicker access to materials and is part of Sikorsky’s continued effort to improve customer support.
“By positioning inventory parts closer to customers, we are able to deliver parts in hours rather than days. This expediency improves aircraft readiness and reduces the operators’ overall expenses,” said Joe Triompo, vice president, Sikorsky Customer Support. “This has been a joint effort working with operators to expand our support presence to meet fleet requirements for improved operational readiness for all their critical missions.”
In March, Sikorsky announced it had opened an FSL in Stavanger, Norway, to support one of the largest S-92® helicopter operating regions in the world. Sikorsky also expects to open an FSL in Aberdeen, Scotland, this year.
Additionally, Sikorsky has more than 20 Customer Support Centers operating worldwide and is continuing to expand its service capabilities to where customers operate. Customer Support Centers enable quick access to Sikorsky’s logistics and spare parts inventory for operators, and provide advanced service capabilities. Helitech is a Customer Support Center for the S-76 family of aircraft, and became the first authorized CSC for S-92 aircraft in 2015.
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- HNZ Group announces contract to support Nova Scotia offshore operations
- Heli-One Introduces External Operations Visual Monitoring Upgrade for Sikorsky S-92
- Sikorsky launches Flight Crew Operating Manuals for S92 and S76D
- Milestone Provides two S92s and five S76Ds to Thai Aviation Services
- VIH Offering its Full Suite of S92 STC Products
- HNZ and PHi to fly up to four S-92s in Australian JV
- Perfect storm – Sikorsky grounds S92
- CHC to Provide 3 Additional Aircraft to Shell
- Milestone Leases S-92 to Omni Táxi Aéreo
- Royal Canadian Navy conducts first ASW events with CH148 Cyclone
- Sikorsky celebrates 10-Year Anniversary of S-92
- Caernarfon Coastguard Helicopter Reaches 500th SAR Mission
- Sikorsky continues S92 one million flight hours celebrations
- Successful Landing of Sikorsky S-92 on New Mariner B Helideck
- Heli-One Completes Inspection
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Coast Guard S92s and AW189s are too big for hospital helipads
- Canadian Air Force expecting CH-148 Cyclone project completion in 2025
- Bristow ships two S92s from Gulf of Mexico to North Sea