The FAA Rotorcraft Directorate will host its second International Rotorcraft Safety Conference, building on the success of last year’s conference. The conference’s goal is to reduce the national helicopter accident rate.
The free event will be held October 25-27 at the Hurst Conference Center near Ft. Worth, Texas. The target audience is rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators, and government regulators from the U.S. and abroad.
The conference will feature presentations from major industry and FAA leaders. Topics include improving decisions, creating a culture of safety, performing autorotations, choosing the best protection equipment, basic helicopter safety and maintenance, how flight training schools promote safety, and a presentation by a pilot who safely landed his helicopter after the engine failed.
The FAA Civil Aerospace Medical Institute will bring its Helicopter Spatial Disorientation Demonstration exhibit that allows participants to experience various – including dangerous – flight scenarios.
Conference attendees can receive Inspection Authorization, WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program and Aviation Maintenance Technician credits.
- SAFE Structure to launch combined turbine stand and container
- Possible Foreign US Military Sale to Sweden of Patriot Configuration-3
- Blue Sky Network at HAI Heli-Expo 2018
- Foreign US Military Sale to Kuwait of King Air 350ER
- Twirly Birds Announce the 2018 Les Morris Award Recipient
- Precision and Honeywell sign agreement
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Garmin® introduces the G500H TXi
- ITT Enidine Announces New Flight-Critical Components
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Membership Manager
- Bell Helicopter Rebrands
- EASA publishes the first Opinion on safe drone operations
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Pilot Recruitment: The HeliSpeed ‘Gig Economy’
- Bristow Group Announces Private Offering
- EASA approves Kopter as Design Organisation
- Airbus H160 arrives in US for Heli-Expo and sales tour
- Swiss Air Ambulance helped 29 patients per day throughout 2017
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Las Vegas
- First Sikorsky Combat Rescue Helicopter Enters Final Assembly