The FAA Rotorcraft Directorate will host its second International Rotorcraft Safety Conference, building on the success of last year’s conference. The conference’s goal is to reduce the national helicopter accident rate.
The free event will be held October 25-27 at the Hurst Conference Center near Ft. Worth, Texas. The target audience is rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators, and government regulators from the U.S. and abroad.
The conference will feature presentations from major industry and FAA leaders. Topics include improving decisions, creating a culture of safety, performing autorotations, choosing the best protection equipment, basic helicopter safety and maintenance, how flight training schools promote safety, and a presentation by a pilot who safely landed his helicopter after the engine failed.
The FAA Civil Aerospace Medical Institute will bring its Helicopter Spatial Disorientation Demonstration exhibit that allows participants to experience various – including dangerous – flight scenarios.
Conference attendees can receive Inspection Authorization, WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program and Aviation Maintenance Technician credits.
- Oklahoma Passes Bill for Aerial Gunning of Wild Hogs
- CAACI Issues Warning after Kite Collision
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia