The FAA Rotorcraft Directorate will host its second International Rotorcraft Safety Conference, building on the success of last year’s conference. The conference’s goal is to reduce the national helicopter accident rate.
The free event will be held October 25-27 at the Hurst Conference Center near Ft. Worth, Texas. The target audience is rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators, and government regulators from the U.S. and abroad.
The conference will feature presentations from major industry and FAA leaders. Topics include improving decisions, creating a culture of safety, performing autorotations, choosing the best protection equipment, basic helicopter safety and maintenance, how flight training schools promote safety, and a presentation by a pilot who safely landed his helicopter after the engine failed.
The FAA Civil Aerospace Medical Institute will bring its Helicopter Spatial Disorientation Demonstration exhibit that allows participants to experience various – including dangerous – flight scenarios.
Conference attendees can receive Inspection Authorization, WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program and Aviation Maintenance Technician credits.
- Avinco revealed as an Airbus group company
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s