Jiangsu Tianyu Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. and the 60th Research Institute of the General Staff Department of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (60th Research Institute) held a signing ceremony for cooperation on an unmanned helicopter project recently. A 200,000 square meter facility in Changzhou National Hi-Tech District (Xinbei District) has been selected as the location for the 1 billion yuan (approx. US$150 million) project, which will focus on the research and development, production and sales of several products including large- and medium-sized unmanned helicopters and related components, mid- and high-level fixed wings, specialty stealth materials, agricultural machinery, UAV systems, platform mission payload and highly precise information acquisition processing systems.
The unmanned helicopter project is a key research and development project of the 60th Research Institute, and an important cooperative project for Jiangsu Tianyu. The performance results for the unmanned helicopters developed by the 60th Research Institute, a research organization recognized for its superior R&D capabilities, excelled in terms of model, range, load capacity and market applications when compared to similar UAV vehicles developed by other institutes and producers.
The Changzhou government has named the aviation industry as one of the 10 key industry chains in the region, and a number of leading companies in the sector have chosen Changzhou National Hi-Tech District as the location for their operations, including Beijing General Aviation, China Aviation Supplies Holding Company, New United Group, and Aero At.
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- Kaman Signs Multi-Year Contract with Sikorsky
- ForeFlight Introduces New Dual-Band ADS-B Receiver
- CHC Group Announces New Board of Managers
- Canada certifies airbus H145
- Horizon signs training agreement with Saudi Bell dealer
- Moscow Zhukovsky Airport adds helicopter facility
- Babcock and RACQ CQ Rescue renew contract
- Erickson achieves 100% effectiveness in Chilean firefighting
- Astronics Max-Viz Systems collaborating with FAA for a research study
- Air BP appoints Chief Commercial Officer
- HAI opens nominations for Salute to Excellence for Heli-Expo 2018
- Two UK police forces join to form operational drone unit
- Boeing awarded $27M contract for Preparation of Block 2 MH-47G
- Airbus awarded $35M contract for support of the UH-72 Lakota
- Bird’s Eye View Helicopters Launches NE & NY Charter Services
- More than 103 WAI Scholarships Now Ready for Applications
- CSAGA chooses Ramco
- HRH The Princess Royal Visits Bristow
- HeliOffshore collaborates on EC225 safety case