Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced on 1 Sep that five corporate helicopters have recently been sold to three customers in South America. The sales include one AgustaWestland AW169 and twoGrandNew helicopters to corporate customers in Argentina, and another two GrandNew helicopters to a corporate customer inVenezuela. All five aircraft will be delivered by the end of 2016.
The newly-certified AW169 and the GrandNew meet discerning customer preferences for helicopters with quiet and comfortable interiors and innovative safety features. The GrandNew continues to offer the highest levels of luxury, thanks to its low noise, low vibration and spacious cabin. The AW169 incorporates several new technology features in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems, and can comfortably accommodate up to ten passengers in its large, unobstructed cabin.
The sales represent the growing share of commercial AgustaWestland helicopters in the South American market, which now totals 250 aircraft across a fleet of AW109s, AW119s, and AW139s. The company maintains a leading position in the global executive/private transport market with a 50 percent share in the multiengine segment.
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Asahi Broadcasting Corporation chooses AW169
- CHC Completes First Flight for Ørsted’s Hornsea Project One
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Airbus appeals Travis County AW169 choice
- SAFE Structure awarded AW169 maintenance stand contract
- Falcon Aviation to add three more AW169s, leased from Milestone
- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance announces name of AW169
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Milestone leases two AW169s to Alidaunia in Italy
- Polar Research Institute of China orders an AW169
- Norwegian Police pick TrakkaBeam searchlight for AW169
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to replace MD902 with AW169