HM Coastguard has a new eye in the sky from September 2016, as a Jetstream 41 turboprop aircraft is being trialled as part of a development to support our search and rescue (SAR) helicopters.
The new plane is painted in red and white HM Coastguard colours and will be patrolling the southern and eastern seaboard.
The aim of the trial is to assess whether a fixed-wing aircraft will provide valuable additional support for our SAR helicopters. The new capability will help save lives at sea by identifying people, boats or ships in distress.
The Coastguard Jetstream is provided by Eastern Airways on behalf of Bristow Helicopters and has a dedicated crew [Editor note – Eastern Airways is owned by Bristow]. The aircraft will be controlled through the Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre (ARCC), just like our SAR helicopters, and will be tasked where there is a risk to life and in support of the helicopters.
If the trial is successful, options for permanent provision will be explored, possibly in combination with similar requirements elsewhere in Government.
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations