HM Coastguard has a new eye in the sky from September 2016, as a Jetstream 41 turboprop aircraft is being trialled as part of a development to support our search and rescue (SAR) helicopters.
The new plane is painted in red and white HM Coastguard colours and will be patrolling the southern and eastern seaboard.
The aim of the trial is to assess whether a fixed-wing aircraft will provide valuable additional support for our SAR helicopters. The new capability will help save lives at sea by identifying people, boats or ships in distress.
The Coastguard Jetstream is provided by Eastern Airways on behalf of Bristow Helicopters and has a dedicated crew [Editor note – Eastern Airways is owned by Bristow]. The aircraft will be controlled through the Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre (ARCC), just like our SAR helicopters, and will be tasked where there is a risk to life and in support of the helicopters.
If the trial is successful, options for permanent provision will be explored, possibly in combination with similar requirements elsewhere in Government.
- Wiregrass Life Flight closes down in Alabama
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Celebrates World Helicopter Day
- German operator Air Lloyd wins pipeline contract
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital upgrades helipad
- Helijet Appoints New Rotary Wing Chief & Assistant Chief Pilots
- Forecast for helicopter seating market released
- Exercise Stealth Guardian enhances rescue capabilities in multiple environments
- The American Helicopter Museum will celebrate World Helicopter Day
- HNZ Group Reports FY2017 Q2 Results
- DART promotes Cable Cutter System
- Belgian operator wins Dutch pipeline contract
- STARS receives $250,000 donation from Access Credit Union
- Babcock MCS to recognise engineers union
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Volocopter agrees 25M Euro funding
- Orbit to expand Orbit Communication Systems
- Lawyers propose settlement for 2014 CHC share buyers
- Brazil approves BLR Aerospace FastFin for H125
- Blue Sky Network will be at LABACE 2017