HM Coastguard has a new eye in the sky from September 2016, as a Jetstream 41 turboprop aircraft is being trialled as part of a development to support our search and rescue (SAR) helicopters.
The new plane is painted in red and white HM Coastguard colours and will be patrolling the southern and eastern seaboard.
The aim of the trial is to assess whether a fixed-wing aircraft will provide valuable additional support for our SAR helicopters. The new capability will help save lives at sea by identifying people, boats or ships in distress.
The Coastguard Jetstream is provided by Eastern Airways on behalf of Bristow Helicopters and has a dedicated crew [Editor note – Eastern Airways is owned by Bristow]. The aircraft will be controlled through the Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre (ARCC), just like our SAR helicopters, and will be tasked where there is a risk to life and in support of the helicopters.
If the trial is successful, options for permanent provision will be explored, possibly in combination with similar requirements elsewhere in Government.
- US Marines demonstrate longer range UH-1Ys and AH-1Zs with auxiliary fuel tanks
- Erickson reorganisation plan passed by Bankruptcy Court
- Bell and DART partner for Bell 505 emergency flotation system STC
- China’s expanding DEA General Aviation debuts at LIMA 17
- Helisota shares Business Process Optimization Secrets
- Pawan Hans and State of Arunachal Pradesh to Pay Compensation
- AOC for Genesis Global Aviation
- Bolloré Logistics Showcases its Helicopter Expertise at the Heli-Expo 2017
- Bristow Forms New SAR Consortium for the Gulf of Mexico
- Malaysian Navy and Airbus celebrate excellence in fleet availability
- Indonesia remains a key contributor to Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain
- EHang Partners with Dubai RTA to Boost Smart Transport
- Leonardo attends Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace in Malaysia
- Norway Sends out Audit on Repsol after North Sea Incident
- Helicopter Maintenance Centre between Russia and Serbia
- Fatal Indiana Crash Under Investigation
- Russian Helicopters introduce after-sales service concept for Russian rotorcraft in India
- Boston MedFlight Completes FAA Part 135 Certificate Licensure
- New Helicopter Aircrew Training System at HMAS Albatross
- Southeast Aerospace receives the FAA’s Gold Award of Excellence