Bel Air has just passed the first 5000 safe flight hours with our two AgustaWestland AW189 helicopters. This means that Bel Air remain AW189 fleet leader worldwide. In comparison the total fleet of 23 AW189 helicopters worldwide has flown just under 16000 hours.
Bel Air took delivery of two AW189 helicopters from Leonardo Helicopters (formerly AgustaWestland) in the autumn of 2014 and were among the first operators in the world to take delivery of this new and superior type of helicopter.
After thorough tests and training in cooperation with the experts from the supplier first flight was celebrated in November 2014.
Now after less than two years Bel Air has passed 5000 safe flight hours during a diverse range of offshore flights in the North Sea. It means that Bel Air is highly experienced on this state of the art new generation of helicopters, and remain global fleet leader worldwide.
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- Era Partners with Leonardo Helicopters to Showcase AW189
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Bel Air AW189 helicopters exceed 6000 flight hours in North Sea operations
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189
- LCI Experiencing busiest year ever at Helitech 2016
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Coast Guard S92s and AW189s are too big for hospital helipads
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Waypoint confirmed as lessor of VNH South AW189
- VNH South take delivery of second AW189 on six month lease
- Farnborough – Abaco rugged display computer to be shown on AW189
- EASA approves AW189 FIPS Full Ice Protection System
- Leonardo JV in Russia adjusted as Rosneft confirms order for another 20 AW189s
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- Lydd Airport made permanent base for UK SAR
- AAR starts SAR ops for UK military in the Falkland Islands
- Global AW189 fleet passes 10,000 flight hours
- Latest Rockwell Collins displays now in service in Era AW189s
- Top 10 stories on HeliHub.com in 2015