Sikorsky today continued its celebration of the S-92® helicopter fleet’s one million flight hour milestone with events in the North Sea Region, the largest S-92 operating area in the world. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
Celebrating Monday in Aberdeen, Scotland, and Tuesday in Stavanger, Norway, Sikorsky executives thanked operators and customers for their dedication and trust in the S-92 helicopter to transport oil and gas workers. The S-92 helicopter, with an accident rate less than 1/10th of the U.S. Civil Multi-Turbine engine helicopter rate, sets a high industry standard for safety and reliability. Of the S-92 fleet’s first one million flight hours, 87 percent were flown in support of offshore oil missions with a greater than 95 percent availability rate.
“We are proud to recognize our S-92 customers and to thank the operators in this region who fly more than 90 Sikorsky S-92 helicopters,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz, adding that, “Recently we’ve seen a 20 percent increase in operational rates for S-92s overall, and Sikorsky continues to expand our support capabilities to our customers around the world, to include forward stocking locations (FSL) in Aberdeen and Stavanger. Our commitment at Sikorsky is to deliver a safe and reliable aircraft everywhere, every time.”
Sikorsky’s newest forward stocking location, at Aberdeen Airport Dyce, will begin operations by the end of the third quarter. Sikorsky will also expand its current FSL at Stavanger Airport by the end of the year. Lockheed Martin has invested in three Sikorsky FSLs world-wide and will continue positioning inventory closer to operators.
As part of the S-92 helicopter fleet’s one million flight hour milestone, Sikorsky has launched a “Thanks a Million” campaign to thank customers, employees, operators, and suppliers for achieving this landmark in an impressively short time.
- HNZ Group announces contract to support Nova Scotia offshore operations
- Heli-One Introduces External Operations Visual Monitoring Upgrade for Sikorsky S-92
- Sikorsky launches Flight Crew Operating Manuals for S92 and S76D
- Milestone Provides two S92s and five S76Ds to Thai Aviation Services
- VIH Offering its Full Suite of S92 STC Products
- HNZ and PHi to fly up to four S-92s in Australian JV
- Perfect storm – Sikorsky grounds S92
- CHC to Provide 3 Additional Aircraft to Shell
- Milestone Leases S-92 to Omni Táxi Aéreo
- Royal Canadian Navy conducts first ASW events with CH148 Cyclone
- Sikorsky celebrates 10-Year Anniversary of S-92
- Caernarfon Coastguard Helicopter Reaches 500th SAR Mission
- Successful Landing of Sikorsky S-92 on New Mariner B Helideck
- Heli-One Completes Inspection
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Coast Guard S92s and AW189s are too big for hospital helipads
- Canadian Air Force expecting CH-148 Cyclone project completion in 2025
- Bristow ships two S92s from Gulf of Mexico to North Sea
- FlightSafety appoints Assistant Manager of West Palm Beach learning centre
- VH-92A Presidential Helicopter completes Critical Design Review