Sikorsky today continued its celebration of the S-92® helicopter fleet’s one million flight hour milestone with events in the North Sea Region, the largest S-92 operating area in the world. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
Celebrating Monday in Aberdeen, Scotland, and Tuesday in Stavanger, Norway, Sikorsky executives thanked operators and customers for their dedication and trust in the S-92 helicopter to transport oil and gas workers. The S-92 helicopter, with an accident rate less than 1/10th of the U.S. Civil Multi-Turbine engine helicopter rate, sets a high industry standard for safety and reliability. Of the S-92 fleet’s first one million flight hours, 87 percent were flown in support of offshore oil missions with a greater than 95 percent availability rate.
“We are proud to recognize our S-92 customers and to thank the operators in this region who fly more than 90 Sikorsky S-92 helicopters,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz, adding that, “Recently we’ve seen a 20 percent increase in operational rates for S-92s overall, and Sikorsky continues to expand our support capabilities to our customers around the world, to include forward stocking locations (FSL) in Aberdeen and Stavanger. Our commitment at Sikorsky is to deliver a safe and reliable aircraft everywhere, every time.”
Sikorsky’s newest forward stocking location, at Aberdeen Airport Dyce, will begin operations by the end of the third quarter. Sikorsky will also expand its current FSL at Stavanger Airport by the end of the year. Lockheed Martin has invested in three Sikorsky FSLs world-wide and will continue positioning inventory closer to operators.
As part of the S-92 helicopter fleet’s one million flight hour milestone, Sikorsky has launched a “Thanks a Million” campaign to thank customers, employees, operators, and suppliers for achieving this landmark in an impressively short time.
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Waypoint Delivers 2 helicopters to Omni
- HNZ Group announces offshore SAR contract in Australia
- 02-May-17 G-MCGG Sikorsky S92 Kirkfieldbank, UK
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- HNZ Group announces contract to support Nova Scotia offshore operations
- Heli-One Introduces External Operations Visual Monitoring Upgrade for Sikorsky S-92