Bristow Defence Industries (BDI) kicked off its annual support of the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s Exercise Wallaby. The event, which runs September 11 – November 8, 2016, is an annual military exercise conducted in the military training area at Shoalwater Bay in Central Queensland, Australia. The exercise varies in size but can involve land, sea and air elements, inclusive of heavy lift helicopters and various fixed-wing aircraft. More than 6,000 specialists and troops participate in the scenarios.
As part of Bristow’s contract with the military, BDI staff have deployed to support six AS332M/M1 helicopters at Rockhampton and Shoalwater Bay Training Area, Queensland.
The logistics support element involves seven containers, plus motorized ground support equipment and other equipment being packed, loaded and transported over 600 kilometers. At peak periods, up to 41 BDI personnel will be deployed at Rockhampton Airport and in the exercise training area. The Super Pumas supported by BDI will be one of three helicopter types involved, with transport and fighter aircraft also active.
During the course of the deployment, BDI will provide in-field maintenance capability to support the approximately 350 flying hours. The team will carry out scheduled maintenance up to 250 hourly services and major rectification support for the aircraft. The exercise environment is dynamic and constantly changing with extended hours and roster variations being a constant. Through the assistance of BHA’s IT Department, a CITRIX environment has been established to support the operations.
“We wish the BDI support team, whether at home base or deployed, a safe exercise,” said BDI Chief Operations Manager Vaughn Whittingham. “In Exercise Wallaby 2015, BDI supported a 100 percent mission success rate, and we wish our team every success again this year.”
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills