Bristow Defence Industries (BDI) kicked off its annual support of the Republic of Singapore Air Force’s Exercise Wallaby. The event, which runs September 11 – November 8, 2016, is an annual military exercise conducted in the military training area at Shoalwater Bay in Central Queensland, Australia. The exercise varies in size but can involve land, sea and air elements, inclusive of heavy lift helicopters and various fixed-wing aircraft. More than 6,000 specialists and troops participate in the scenarios.
As part of Bristow’s contract with the military, BDI staff have deployed to support six AS332M/M1 helicopters at Rockhampton and Shoalwater Bay Training Area, Queensland.
The logistics support element involves seven containers, plus motorized ground support equipment and other equipment being packed, loaded and transported over 600 kilometers. At peak periods, up to 41 BDI personnel will be deployed at Rockhampton Airport and in the exercise training area. The Super Pumas supported by BDI will be one of three helicopter types involved, with transport and fighter aircraft also active.
During the course of the deployment, BDI will provide in-field maintenance capability to support the approximately 350 flying hours. The team will carry out scheduled maintenance up to 250 hourly services and major rectification support for the aircraft. The exercise environment is dynamic and constantly changing with extended hours and roster variations being a constant. Through the assistance of BHA’s IT Department, a CITRIX environment has been established to support the operations.
“We wish the BDI support team, whether at home base or deployed, a safe exercise,” said BDI Chief Operations Manager Vaughn Whittingham. “In Exercise Wallaby 2015, BDI supported a 100 percent mission success rate, and we wish our team every success again this year.”
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters
- OSF Relocates Life Flight Helicopter
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Airbus and Nepalese operators mark 50,000 flight hours of the H125
- BAE Systems and Leonardo DRS Join Forces
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- Helijet Renews Resort Fishing Lodge Service Contracts to 2019
- Another Bell 407GXP joins the Med-Trans Mission
- Falcon Aviation inaugurates VIP Heliport at Dubai South
- Big Changes for New Zealand Rescue Helicopter Services
- CH-53K Cost Rises 6.9% to $138.5 Million per Helicopter
- Tata Steel Ltd. Adds Second Bell 429 to Fleet
- Meghna Aviation to Become First Operator of Bell 429 in Bangladesh
- Bell Helicopter Delivers Two Bell 429s to PT. Carpediem Mandiri
- USHST Finalizes Reorganization of Safety Work Groups
- Q1 Blue Book Pricing Updates
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Air Evac Looks to Expansion
- Russian Helicopters Signs Pakistani Contract
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service