The 24th Guimbal G2 Cabri delivered via British distributor Cotswold Helicopter Centre has arrived in the UK in the last week. Serial 1164 as been delivered to HeliGroup at Wycombe Air Park, their second example of the type – a fleet expansion due to the high utilisation of their first G2.
The helicopter – finished in a resplendent chianti red scheme – is the first in the UK to feature the Aspen Avionics panel. The Aspen EFD1000 Evolution digital display with its horizontal format fits perfectly into the standard Cabri EPM – a Guimbal-developed advanced multi-function vehicle monitor – the two displays now standard on modern glass-cockpits:
- An Attitude Display Indicator with tape-style Altimeter and Airspeed Indicator. To better fit the common ab-initio training mission, mechanical ASI and Altimeters are retained standard on the Cabri and the tape-style instrument could be shown or not.
- An Horizontal Situation Indicator with multiple GPS/VOR inputs and traffic awareness displays linked to ADS-B or FLARM.
With this new range of highly-customizable panels, the Cabri is now perfectly adapted to the missions it has based its success on: ab-initio professional training. Operators of the Cabri G2 are finding that this feature allows a direct transition from ground to twin turbine, glass cockpit helicopters.
Guimbal has certified the new Aspen glass-panel with both EASA and the FAA, and the majority of their customers opt for this version. It is expected that all UK deliveries from in the future will have the Aspen panel.
About Cotswold Helicopter Centre
Cotswold Helicopter Centre has been established over 10 years, operating at Cotswold Airport – also known as Kemble – and is well placed for Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Oxford. It is the exclusive UK distributor for the French manufacturer Helicoptères Guimbal, a busy professional flight training school and AOC holder for charter work.
The company has second base at Fairoaks Airport on the outskirts of London. Our fleet consists of seven Guimbal G2 Cabri helicopters, one Robinson R44, an Airbus AS350B2 Squirrel and an Airbus AS355 Twin Squirrel. We offer Cabri helicopters both for sale and on attractive lease terms for UK flying schools.
For further information, please contact Cotswold Helicopter Centre on +44 1285 770740 or email [email protected]
- UK distributor launches Guimbal Centre of Excellence
- UK Guimbal distributor expands with new investment
- BC Helicopters to be first Canadian operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- UK Cabri G2 fleet is largest in the world
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- New prototype on the ramp at Guimbal
- DCNS and Airbus join forces for French Naval drone requirement
- Two more Guimbal Cabri G2s arrive in US
- Cotswold launches Guimbal Cabri G2 ground handling trolley
- Helicentre Aviation opens Florida Cabri G2 operation
- UK – Elite Helicopters to open second base
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre and Gama Aviation name Fairoaks base manager
- Helicentre Aviation launches 2017 Scholarship Programme
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre in Cabri G2 JV with Gama Aviation
- Air Service Vamdrup buy another Cabri G2
- Fostaire Helicopters becomes latest US operator of Guimbal Cabri G2
- Heli Lausanne adds Gabri G2 to fleet
- Helicopter Services adds Guimbal Cabri G2 to training fleet
- Northumbria Helicopters becomes tenth UK Guimbal Cabri School