Era Group Inc. (NYSE:ERA), one of the largest helicopter operators in the world and the longest serving helicopter transport operator in the U.S., announced today that it has entered into a new contract with the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), a division of the U.S. Department of the Interior, for an initial term of five years that is subject to annual renewals.
Era will continue to provide helicopters and related services, including the provision of flight crews, helicopter maintenance and management of flight operations to BSEE and the U.S. Coast Guard. BSEE utilizes Era’s services to transport personnel and cargo in support of its inspection and oversight of offshore oil and gas platforms and vessels located on the Outer Continental Shelf in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Under the terms of the new contract, Era will provide twenty-four exclusive use helicopters, five on-call helicopters and seven optional helicopters that BSEE may exercise during the contract term.
“We have been honored to serve BSEE in support of its mandate to ensure regulatory compliance and enhance safety in the Gulf of Mexico over the last ten years and look forward to continuing this important relationship,” said Christopher Bradshaw, Era’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter
- Aerotex launches Wall Blanket Kit
- EASA 12th Rotorcraft Symposium
- Medical Air Rescue Company signs for an Airbus H130
- FlightSafety to build AH-IZ and UH-1Y training devices for US Navy