CHC Helicopter is proud to announce that it has signed a 21-month contract with Australian Army to provide aeromedical evacuation (AME) and crash response support for deployments throughout Australia.
The contract will commence on 1 October 2016 and run through to 30 June 2018. CHC currently provides search and rescue services to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and will use that fleet to provide services to Army.
An industry leader in rotary aviation, CHC is one of the leading commercial helicopter operators in the world. CHC is Australia’s leading provider of helicopter search and rescue (SAR) and emergency medical services (EMS) with operations in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory.
“We are honoured that Australian Army has chosen CHC to provide their AME and crash response support while their soldiers are on training deployment,” said Nick Mair, CHC Regional Director Asia Pacific.
“CHC has long provided search and rescue support to RAAF and we are delighted to extend our services to the Australian Army. Our highly trained and experienced SAR/AME pilots, aircrew, engineers and ground operations team are looking forward to supporting Army over the coming months.”
The medical team for the contract, including a dedicated doctor and paramedic, will be provided by Medical Rescue Air Ambulance (MRAA), a current provider of CHC.
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for MH-60 Electronics Engineering
- Bell-Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 cockpit Engine Modification
- Rolls-Royce awarded $115M contract for Production of AE1107C V-22 Engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M contract for Procurement of 4 MV-22 Components
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for Rotorcraft autopilot and methods
- Airbus awarded patent for Rotor drive system
- Aviation Professional Services Liability Insurance by Global
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to carry blood
- Final Flight of OH-58D ‘Kiowa Warrior’
- Bristow To Present At The 2017 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Life Link III medical director wins national award
- Four bidders for Polish attack helicopter order
- Helitech International Insight Seminar Speaker line-up revealed
- Bell to deliver B505s to Eagle Copters
- Plans Finalized for WAI Girls in Aviation Day
- REACH to place new H125 in Montana
- Terma install survivability kit on Dutch NH90 fleet
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Tunnelton Helipad