CHC Helicopter is proud to announce that it has signed a 21-month contract with Australian Army to provide aeromedical evacuation (AME) and crash response support for deployments throughout Australia.
The contract will commence on 1 October 2016 and run through to 30 June 2018. CHC currently provides search and rescue services to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and will use that fleet to provide services to Army.
An industry leader in rotary aviation, CHC is one of the leading commercial helicopter operators in the world. CHC is Australia’s leading provider of helicopter search and rescue (SAR) and emergency medical services (EMS) with operations in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory.
“We are honoured that Australian Army has chosen CHC to provide their AME and crash response support while their soldiers are on training deployment,” said Nick Mair, CHC Regional Director Asia Pacific.
“CHC has long provided search and rescue support to RAAF and we are delighted to extend our services to the Australian Army. Our highly trained and experienced SAR/AME pilots, aircrew, engineers and ground operations team are looking forward to supporting Army over the coming months.”
The medical team for the contract, including a dedicated doctor and paramedic, will be provided by Medical Rescue Air Ambulance (MRAA), a current provider of CHC.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin