CHC Helicopter is proud to announce that it has signed a 21-month contract with Australian Army to provide aeromedical evacuation (AME) and crash response support for deployments throughout Australia.
The contract will commence on 1 October 2016 and run through to 30 June 2018. CHC currently provides search and rescue services to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and will use that fleet to provide services to Army.
An industry leader in rotary aviation, CHC is one of the leading commercial helicopter operators in the world. CHC is Australia’s leading provider of helicopter search and rescue (SAR) and emergency medical services (EMS) with operations in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory.
“We are honoured that Australian Army has chosen CHC to provide their AME and crash response support while their soldiers are on training deployment,” said Nick Mair, CHC Regional Director Asia Pacific.
“CHC has long provided search and rescue support to RAAF and we are delighted to extend our services to the Australian Army. Our highly trained and experienced SAR/AME pilots, aircrew, engineers and ground operations team are looking forward to supporting Army over the coming months.”
The medical team for the contract, including a dedicated doctor and paramedic, will be provided by Medical Rescue Air Ambulance (MRAA), a current provider of CHC.
- Bell-Boeing awarded $35M contract for V-22 Support
- Life Link III launches OneLink mobile app
- Great North Air Ambulance plans to upgrade Cumbrian airbase
- Lincs and Notts Air Ambulance to go 24×7
- Sikorsky awarded $19M contract for MH-60R Modification
- Falcon looks at expansion by exhibiting at first Kuwait Aviation Show
- Sundance Helicopters launches new Romantic flight packages
- Falcon Aviation Services wins Kuwait offshore contract
- Kong awarded patent for suspended load stabilisation system
- Airbus awarded patent for method of determining Helicopter ground speed
- HAL and Safran to set up engine facility in Goa
- First AW169 operational in Nordics goes live with Babcock
- Coroner cites need for better Police Helicopter in Western Australia
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- UK – Salford Royal Hospital to add helipad
- Haines Assembly backtracks on new heliski area
- Maverick Helicopters Expands Hawaiian Operations to Kauai
- Modernized Ka-27M enters service with Baltic Fleet
- Russian Air Force prepares for Ansat-U training from March
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Wins National Award