Safe Flight Instrument Corporation of White Plains, NY received the Safety Award from the Eastern Region Helicopter Council (ERHC) for its Powerline Detection System for helicopters. The award is in recognition of Safe Flight’s innovative life-saving products and for its 70-year commitment to making flying safer.
“ERHC salutes Safe Flight for developing innovative safety products, such as the Powerline Detection System (PDS), which have greatly contributed to the advancement of aviation safety.”- Michael Philbin, Chairman ERHC.
Safe Flight’s PDS is European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified and operates worldwide to detect 50Hz/60Hz powerline frequency emissions. The PDS is an extremely lightweight (less than 2.0 lbs. installed) passive system that alerts the pilot when approaching an energized powerline. The system provides both a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the hazard, the aural tone intensifies, cautioning the pilot.
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride