Safe Flight Instrument Corporation of White Plains, NY received the Safety Award from the Eastern Region Helicopter Council (ERHC) for its Powerline Detection System for helicopters. The award is in recognition of Safe Flight’s innovative life-saving products and for its 70-year commitment to making flying safer.
“ERHC salutes Safe Flight for developing innovative safety products, such as the Powerline Detection System (PDS), which have greatly contributed to the advancement of aviation safety.”- Michael Philbin, Chairman ERHC.
Safe Flight’s PDS is European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified and operates worldwide to detect 50Hz/60Hz powerline frequency emissions. The PDS is an extremely lightweight (less than 2.0 lbs. installed) passive system that alerts the pilot when approaching an energized powerline. The system provides both a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the hazard, the aural tone intensifies, cautioning the pilot.
- Ghana Orders 4 Z-9EH Helicopters for Oil and Gas Project
- Lower Operating Temperature for H135
- Boulder Transport Starts Helicopter Flights up Front Range
- Luxaviation Helicopters announces strategic partnership with Azur Hélicoptère
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- Airbus delivers an H145 to the Saxony-Anhalt police
- Bristow Group Announces Quarterly Dividend
- HAI Statement on US Court of Appeals Ruling Regarding Drone Registration
- Centaurium takes delivery of its GrandNew helicopter
- Marine Corps Aviation Association Awards 2017
- Summit Aviation Receives AS9110 Certificate
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- Boeing awarded $143M contract for 24 AH-64E Apaches modification
- MD Helicopters awarded $77M contract for Logistics Support for Afghanistan MD530F Fleet
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Oregon Dept Fish and Wildlife replaces helicopters with drones
- SAFE Structures partners with Eidos Ergonomics
- Prince George’s County Police Department to expand aviation section
- A New Station Commander for RAF Shawbury
- Norway trials Schiebel Camcopter S-100