L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its WESCAM division has launched its smallest and lightest electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) airborne imaging system, the MX™-8. The MX-8 is designed for small tactical UAVs, light manned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and tactical aerostats requiring high-performing imaging solutions. The MX-8 will be on display and available for demonstration at L-3’s exhibit during the 2016 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition being held October 3–5 in Washington, D.C.
“The MX-8 is a key addition to WESCAM’s MX™-Series product line, as it addresses the growing demand for a lightweight, high-fidelity imaging system,” said Michael T. Strianese, L-3’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our emphasis on developing advanced technologies that address smaller form factor requirements is reflected in the versatility and precision of this product. We are working every day to align our research and development initiatives with the continually evolving needs of a broad array of global customers.”
The fully digital MX-8 has an installed weight of 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms, with a clearance level of less than 11 inches, and is capable of supporting up to four sensors simultaneously. It contains all the geolocation capabilities of L-3’s larger MX™-Series systems and is equipped with an advanced image processing suite that produces real-time image enhancement across all sensors.
L-3 WESCAM is part of the Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS) sector within L-3’s Electronic Systems business segment. The company is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia
- LifeFlight Expands to York County
- NSW Ambulance Paramedic Voices Concerns