L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its WESCAM division has launched its smallest and lightest electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) airborne imaging system, the MX™-8. The MX-8 is designed for small tactical UAVs, light manned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and tactical aerostats requiring high-performing imaging solutions. The MX-8 will be on display and available for demonstration at L-3’s exhibit during the 2016 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition being held October 3–5 in Washington, D.C.
“The MX-8 is a key addition to WESCAM’s MX™-Series product line, as it addresses the growing demand for a lightweight, high-fidelity imaging system,” said Michael T. Strianese, L-3’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our emphasis on developing advanced technologies that address smaller form factor requirements is reflected in the versatility and precision of this product. We are working every day to align our research and development initiatives with the continually evolving needs of a broad array of global customers.”
The fully digital MX-8 has an installed weight of 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms, with a clearance level of less than 11 inches, and is capable of supporting up to four sensors simultaneously. It contains all the geolocation capabilities of L-3’s larger MX™-Series systems and is equipped with an advanced image processing suite that produces real-time image enhancement across all sensors.
L-3 WESCAM is part of the Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS) sector within L-3’s Electronic Systems business segment. The company is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023