L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its WESCAM division has launched its smallest and lightest electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) airborne imaging system, the MX™-8. The MX-8 is designed for small tactical UAVs, light manned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and tactical aerostats requiring high-performing imaging solutions. The MX-8 will be on display and available for demonstration at L-3’s exhibit during the 2016 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition being held October 3–5 in Washington, D.C.
“The MX-8 is a key addition to WESCAM’s MX™-Series product line, as it addresses the growing demand for a lightweight, high-fidelity imaging system,” said Michael T. Strianese, L-3’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our emphasis on developing advanced technologies that address smaller form factor requirements is reflected in the versatility and precision of this product. We are working every day to align our research and development initiatives with the continually evolving needs of a broad array of global customers.”
The fully digital MX-8 has an installed weight of 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms, with a clearance level of less than 11 inches, and is capable of supporting up to four sensors simultaneously. It contains all the geolocation capabilities of L-3’s larger MX™-Series systems and is equipped with an advanced image processing suite that produces real-time image enhancement across all sensors.
L-3 WESCAM is part of the Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS) sector within L-3’s Electronic Systems business segment. The company is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017
- Leonardo puts helicopters on centre stage at DSEI 2017
- Lockheed awarded $24M contract for 24 MH-60R/S Audio Management Lite Computers
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $38M contract for V-22 Generator Repairs
- Altitude Air puts new H125 into service