Gama Aviation is pleased to announce the award of an EASA STC (10058141) for installation of the Garmin G500H EFIS into the Bell 206B and Bell 407 helicopters. The G500H system is certified for Day/Night VFR operations and brings substantial improvements in situational awareness with a large multi-function colour moving map, H.S.I, full-time wind vector and many additional features.
The required G500H GPS source is provided by Garmin’s GTN750 or 650 touch-screen GPS navigator with integral 8.33 KHz Comm and VOR/ILS receiver. When using the GTN750, optional HTAWS and integrated audio panel and Mode S transponder are also available.
The Garmin G500H is the ideal complement to the Cobham HeliSaS 2-axis autopilot which is also EASA certified on the B206B/B407 and allows the HeliSaS to use the G500H AHRS as the autopilot attitude source. The HeliSaS features automatic recovery to near-level flight if inadvertently flown to an extreme attitude, plus has Heading, Nav (lateral and vertical), GPS steering and Altitude Hold modes.
Gama Aviation has also produced additional EASA Minor changes for the Garmin GTS800 traffic advisory system and FreeFlight TRA4000 radio altimeter to interface to the G500H EFIS.
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Bell 407 operator LJ Aviation renews ACSF registration
- Sonoma County Sheriff gets sign off for new Bell 407GXP
- New Bell representative for UK and Ireland
- 18-May-17 N6040Y Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 13-May-17 Bell 407 Mosul, Iraq
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems B407 Cargo Hook Kits
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center to Replace Bell 407
- 02-May-17 N457PH Bell 407 Grand Bay, US-Gulf of Mexico
- PhilJets Confirms Addition of Airbus H130, H145, and Bell 407 Helicopters in Its Fleet
- Concorde High Capacity RG-427 Now Available for Bell 407 and Bell 427
- Westwind selects L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 for the ADS-B Solution
- PJ Helicopters is 1st to Fly Dry Media IBF
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- VIH Aerospace Launches Bell 407 Lease Program
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices