The Unmanned Traffic Management Convention 2016 will be held at the Oncenter, Syracuse, on November 8th, 9th and 10th, hosting over 500 air traffic professionals. The convention will showcase the latest advances in unmanned aircrafts such as drones and how they will be integrated into the nation’s airspace.
The convention will showcase discussions on unmanned aerial systems, capabilities, management and challenges. A demonstration of an Indago quadcopter, a Desert Hawk II, K-MAX and S-76 helicopters will be remotely operated at Griffiss International Airport.
The growth of unmanned aircraft will increase rapidly in the coming years, with operations such as search and rescue, power and rail line inspections, disaster relief, media and agricultural surveillance being possibilities of their use. However, Syracuse reports that safety is still an issue regarding the integration of drones in national airspace as accidents are a high possibility without the aid of a pilot to avoid other aircraft.
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point
- Russian Helicopters are ready to supply six Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters to open service centers in China
- Two Awards of Excellence won by Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence – winners announced