The Unmanned Traffic Management Convention 2016 will be held at the Oncenter, Syracuse, on November 8th, 9th and 10th, hosting over 500 air traffic professionals. The convention will showcase the latest advances in unmanned aircrafts such as drones and how they will be integrated into the nation’s airspace.
The convention will showcase discussions on unmanned aerial systems, capabilities, management and challenges. A demonstration of an Indago quadcopter, a Desert Hawk II, K-MAX and S-76 helicopters will be remotely operated at Griffiss International Airport.
The growth of unmanned aircraft will increase rapidly in the coming years, with operations such as search and rescue, power and rail line inspections, disaster relief, media and agricultural surveillance being possibilities of their use. However, Syracuse reports that safety is still an issue regarding the integration of drones in national airspace as accidents are a high possibility without the aid of a pilot to avoid other aircraft.
- Kamov developing 500 kph coaxial military helicopter
- Relocation for the British Army Helicopter Force
- Peruvian Fire-Fighters Look to Purchasing Mi-171s
- Belarusian Drone Showcased at MILEX 2017
- Bristow Norway Opens Florø Base and Expands Operations
- CHC Orders New Aircraft to Support SAR Services in Norway
- RAMM offers FAA Approved Replacement Interior Kits for R44
- Airbus awards 5-year UH-72A Logistics Support Contract to Safran
- Summit Aviation Celebrates New Manufacturing Location
- New Zealand eases NH90 flying limitations
- Canadian potash miner gives $1M gift to STARS air ambulance
- HAI attends Great Alaskan Aviation Gathering
- LORD Corporation Selected for AHS International Supplier Excellence Award
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre to Start Helipad Construction
- Toledo Police to sell Robinson R44
- Airbus Helicopters launches new high-end bespoke brand at EBACE
- Russian Helicopters supply aviation equipment for helicopters of the Peruvian Air Force
- Metro Aviation hosts Leadership Conference
- Rogerson Kratos UH-60A Upgrades with Cockpit Modernization
- VNH South completes test flight to Times Square rooftop pad in Ho Chi Minh City