The Unmanned Traffic Management Convention 2016 will be held at the Oncenter, Syracuse, on November 8th, 9th and 10th, hosting over 500 air traffic professionals. The convention will showcase the latest advances in unmanned aircrafts such as drones and how they will be integrated into the nation’s airspace.
The convention will showcase discussions on unmanned aerial systems, capabilities, management and challenges. A demonstration of an Indago quadcopter, a Desert Hawk II, K-MAX and S-76 helicopters will be remotely operated at Griffiss International Airport.
The growth of unmanned aircraft will increase rapidly in the coming years, with operations such as search and rescue, power and rail line inspections, disaster relief, media and agricultural surveillance being possibilities of their use. However, Syracuse reports that safety is still an issue regarding the integration of drones in national airspace as accidents are a high possibility without the aid of a pilot to avoid other aircraft.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner