After more than a year in the planning, our new state-of-the-art helicopter, an AgustaWestland 169 is one step closer to becoming operational in Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.
The helicopter was flown to the UK from Italy on Friday and is now secure in a hangar at Staverton, where our helicopter provider is based. It will remain there for up to six weeks undergoing an internal medical fit so that it is ready to respond to the emergencies we are called on to attend.
Chief Executive, Karen Jobling, said: “It is a very exciting time for us as we near the day that the AW169 will be operational and will be seen flying above the skies of Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. The new aircraft has many benefits which will increase the level of care and treatment that we can give to patients, directly impacting upon their chances of survival and recovery. It is thanks to the support of everyone who has raised funds for our charity that we can invest in this aircraft which will make such a difference to so many lives.”
Once the medical fit is complete, the AW169 will be flown to its new home at RAF Waddington where our pilots and critical care team of paramedics and doctors will carry out extensive training on the new aircraft while still responding to emergencies in our current MD902 helicopter.
The new helicopter will be the same distinctive emergency yellow colour with Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance branding, but that is where the similarities end. The AW169 is bigger, faster, has greater endurance and will allow the crew to have 360-degree access to the patient in-flight. It is hoped that it will be operational before the end of the year.
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- LCI to lease three AW169s to NHV Norwegian subsidiary Airlift
- Corporate and VIP operators across the Americas select AW139, AW169
- Milestone lease AW169 to HeliKorea
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- FAA certifies AW169
- Falcon Aviation presents the world’s first offshore-configured new generation AW169 helicopter to Oil & Gas community
- Rajasthan State holds Open Bidding for Helicopter Procurement
- Unveiling of the First Oil and Gas AW169
- Sloane Helicopters adds AW169 to its Part 145 maintenance approval
- AW169 obtains ANAC Certification
- AW169 obtains maximum gross weight increase certification by EASA
- SAS lands second AW 169 deal with Kent Surrey Sussex
- Leonardo confirms orders from Brazil for mulitiple AW169s
- Leonardo selects Helitune RT-TipTrak for AW169 and AW189
- Leonardo gets more orders for AgustaWestland helicopters
- AW169 gets 5 firm orders from Brazil
- AgustaWestland AW169 Orders and Options close to 150
- LCI announces delivery of Leonardo AW169
- LCI Experiencing busiest year ever at Helitech 2016